Chapter 16: The Friend

I cried in my room missing Marella more and more by the minute. I changed into a pair of my pajamas as it was noon time which was my usual lounging time. I cried and cried until I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was one of my maids I walked over and opened the door.

I looked to see who it was and I was surprised by the outcome. "Hi my name's Linh." The girl said with a smile sticking out her hand. I furrowed by eyebrows and shook her hand "I'm Sophie." I responded. "I know I memorized all the selected's charts." She answered. Boy this girl was hyper."Do you have a photographic memory or something?" I asked. She laughed "No it took me two days."

"Wow ok." I said. "So do you wanna go watch the guards train?" She asked with a smirk. "No thanks." I said depressingly. "Thank the lord." She sighed pushing me out of the way and entering my room. She collapsed on my bed and I raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were one of 'those' girls." She said. "Look- Oh my god they're so annoying!" She complained interrupting me. Then she patted the spot next to her acting like she was inviting me onto her bed.

"You mean Biana and Stina?" I asked. "Ugh you've met them too?" She asked. At this point I just accepted the fact that she was like this. I closed the door and laid down next to her. "Yeah they're the absolute worst." I agreed. "Guess what. After you stormed off earlier today they went over to Keefe and made up a story that you were pregnant." She told me. "WHAT?!" I shouted. "Yeah he was racing after you but they stopped him." She added. "Did he believe them?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry but Sophie it looked like he did." She said apologetic. "I have to go talk to Keefe!" I shouted scrambling off the bed. "Where can I find him?" I asked nervously. "Uh pretty sure he went to his room." She said. "Linh you're the best and I'm so happy we met." I said. I closed the door again and I ran around the palace looking for Keefe's room.

Fourth time in one day! I rock! And you guys rock for reading this long!