Chapter 11: The Prep

I was woken up by Flori, one of my maids. "Good morning Lady Sophie." Said Flori. I pried my eyes open and groaned. "I'm sorry but the breakfast is starting in an hour." She squeaked. "Alright alright I'm getting up." I grumbled. Grizzle came in with some tea. "Lady Sophie would you like some tea?" She asked me. "No- Actually yes please."I said changing my mind mid sentence. "Well Lady Sophie, Calla has made you the most elegant dress ever." Said Grizzle. "May I see it?" I asked bashfully. "You may." Said Grizzle pulling out a dress. My jaw dropped open. "That is beautiful." I said. I loved the color blue as well and I hoped all of my dresses were going to be blue.

Calla came in and saw the dress out

Calla came in and saw the dress out. "It's already time for the breakfast?" Asked Calla. "Yes indeed." Said Grizzle. "Are you nervous?"Squeaked Flori. I looked at her and said "I mean a little." I shrugged. "I hope you win." She said. I chuckled "I doubt I will." I said. "Alright ladies it's time to get her downstairs!" Said Calla. "Lady Sophie put that dress on, Flori get the elastics prepared for her hair, and Grizzle finish the finishing touch's on her shoes!" Instructed Calla. Everyone scurried off to their duties and I slipped on my poofy dress. "May I do your hair now?" Asked Flori. "Yes you may." I replied. I sat down while she quickly did my hair. It was done in a minute and I didn't expect but when I looked in the mirror....

 It was done in a minute and I didn't expect but when I looked in the mirror

It blew my mind how quickly she could make that. "Lady Sophie put these on and get downstairs!" Shoved Grizzle giving me the shoes.

 "Lady Sophie put these on and get downstairs!" Shoved Grizzle giving me the shoes

Thank goodness they were flats. My maids knew me too well. In the middle of my thoughts I was shoved out and escorted by my guard down the stairs.