Chapter 14: The Conversation

I turned around and glared at him. "You said you were a guard." "Well technically you said I was a guard." He said trying to reason with me. "No I asked you if you were a guard and you said you were." I fought. "So do you like the palace?" He asked. "Ye-Stop trying to change the subject!" I yelled back.

"Fine it was my fault and I'm sorry ok? Can we just put this behind us?" He apologized sarcastically. "Okay but you have to make it up to me." I decided. "Alright princess is there anything I can do to gain your forgiveness?" He asked. "Well here's the thing....I don't really want to date you I just wanna stay here for my family. So is there a way we could just be friends?" I asked. He pondered then shrugged. "I guess I'll keep you here until the very last moment." He agreed. I let out a sigh of relief. I could get enough money for my family while still being able to go back to Fitz.

"So really tell me who do I look out for?" He asked with a smirk. I giggled something I rarely do. "Well Stina and Biana are awful, Marella who you just met is really nice but other then that I haven't really met anyone else." I explained. He just stared at me talk but I didn't realize that until now. "Uh what are you staring at?" I asked spinning around. He flinched "Uh Stina?" He guessed. "WRONG ANSWER!" I scolded him. "Right right sorry Biana." He corrected himself. "NO!" I yelled. "I'm only joking Marella obviously." He said. "Thank you. After 3 tries you managed to get it right." I said sarcastically. 

"Stina Heks!" Yelled the king. "Well looks like our time is up." He said. "See you later and make good choices!" I yelled behind me as I walked away.