Chapter 25: The Elite

This is a once in a lifetime chance for you guys to write for me. You heard me. Do you love this fanfic and wish you wrote it? (Hopefully you do) YOU have the chance of writing the very first paragraph of the sequel! How to enter? Read down below. Please don't just scroll down below and read it or else It would spoil this chapter!

Once I reached the dining hall almost all the selected were there. I counted 13 girls which meant I was the...3rd to last person there. Hey at least I've improved! On the other hand Keefe had eliminated 19 girls since the first elimination. At first I thought that was a lot. Then I realized it had been like 6 months since the first elimination.

I glanced for an open spot and found one right next to Linh. She caught my attention and waved me over. I sat down and she immideatly started talking. "Did you hear?" She asked. "Hear what?" I replied. "They're trimming it down to the elite today." She responded.

"No way! It must just be a rumor!" Before she could say anything more she was interrupted by Keefe. "Good morning Selected! Please enjoy this meal as for some of you it will be your last. That's right if you haven't already heard in an hour I will be announcing the elite." He announced.

I turned to face Linh and she had a smug look on her face. "Whatever.." I grumbled. "You know Sophie this might be the last time we eat with each other." Said Linh. I covered my ears. "Stop talking about that it's too sad!" I cried. She just laughed.

For the next hour we talked, laughed, cried, and were stared at. Next thing I knew Keefe was at the front of the dining hall. "Ladies it is time for me to announce the Elite. Prepare yourselves to hear the final 8." Said Keefe. All around me I heard squealing. Meanwhile I was ready to go home. Frankly Keefe was being a huge jerk and I actually really missed how well Fitz had treated me.

"Vespera bring that camera over here!" Snapped the king. Keefe rolled his eyes and began. "Alright the the first lucky lady is...Biana Vacker!" Whyyyyyyyyyyy! I internally groaned. Not that I cared who he married. As long as it wasn't me. "2nd is Stina Heks!" Of course picking the meanies just right for you. "3rd is Maruca Tal." Heh she was ok although she seemed to be pretty good friends with Biana and Stina.

"4th Angel Beck." Who on earth was that. "5th Stacy Keith." Still didn't know who that was. "6th Linh Song." OMG IT WAS LINH. I turned to face her. She was left gaping. "You go girl." I whispered to her. I knew it was my time to leave her. "7th Hailey Reyes." I heard the public liked her. "Last but not least Sophie Foster." I groaned. Why me? There were shrieks, cries , and plenty of screaming.

The girls who were eliminated were escorted out by their guards and were bawling. Keefe cringed, I knew he felt bad for the girls. "I can't believe we're both in the Elite!" Squealed Linh. "Selected please go back to your rooms and prepare to head to the women's room to converse with my mother."

The girls in the Elite scurried off. And I was stopped by Keefe. "Hey we need to talk." He said. "Make it quick." I murmured. "Look I respect the fact that you want your friends here. So I kept Linh but just know that I can't keep her here forever." He said. "Thanks...." I said with a weak smile. I left and saw that Linh had waited for me.

"Thanks for waiting for me." I said. "Sophie there was an announcement that Sandor was pushed off a cliff fighting off some rebels during breakfast. They haven't found his body." Said Linh. "Oh my god! I hope he's ok! He's helped me so many times...." I replied as we walked up the steps to our rooms. "Yeah but on the bright side you've got some cute new hottie guarding your door." She replied blushing.

"Really?" I said with a laugh. We reached the top and Linh walked with me to my room. I looked at the guard and gaped. It couldn't be. "Isn't he cute?" Whispered Linh. "Yeah uh Linh can you go?" I asked. "Uh yeah sure." She responded with hurt flooding her eyes. I felt bad but this was serious. "Fitz what are you doing here!" I hissed as I scurried over to him.

To be continued...

Sorry for the cliffy!!! If you want to read the rest go check out the sequel called Sophie's decision!

Alright here's how to enter:

1st: Write down below a paragraph on Fitz and Sophie's conversation.

2nd: Reply to your comment and tag me.

3rd: You have exactly 24 hours to do this and I will be reminding you in the comments on how many hours you have left.

4th: If by tomorrow when the 24 hours are up and you receive a comment on your paragraph that says "Moo" you have won the competition! I will dedicate the chapter to you and give you credit in the chapter as well!