Chapter 13: Bro

sorry for being really late.

Awkward silence filled the air for I don't even know how long. All I knew was that I had just spilled the only secret I was planning to keep from Linh. After a few minutes, and I knew Linh wasn't going anywhere, I looked both ways and shoved her inside. I slammed the door and turned. "F-"WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS." I yelled. This was a really difficult position for me. Seeing Linh with Fitz really through me. I know I kinda broke things off with him but I don't know...
I went to take a seat on my bed and Linh followed suit. "So....look I didn't know that uh- you two were together..I mean you just really seemed to like Keefe." Said Linh. I sighed. "We're not together."
She raised her eyebrow at me clearly confused as to what I was saying now and what I had said before. These days I didn't even know what I was talking about. She took my hand in hers and she stared into my eyes with a stern look on her face. "But do you wish you were?"
To be honest I was a little startled by the question. Did I still like Fitz? Yes. Did I still like Keefe? Yes. But in the end I could only have one of them. She was beginning to catch on that I didn't know the answer to her question.
"Why don't you tell me what happened with Fitz. It seems you guys have more history than you let on before." Linh suggested.
Determined to keep my secret I tried to lie my way out of it. "He was just the guard who guarded my door. For anything you should be telling me what you were doing with him."
"Do you think I'm that stupid? There's no way he was just your bodyguard with that reaction I got. Besides you basically told the whole castle that he was your boyfriend."
I cringed. "Do you think anyone heard me?" That would be really bad if even a guard overheard.
"No. Fitz made sure to clear the floor before he came..." She began.
"Into your room." I finished. I was still incredibly upset with Linh but a part of me knew this was going to happen eventually.
"Sophie I know I only met Fitz the other day but I've really grown to like him. So if you still have feelings for him I'll back off. I just want you to know, friends never keep secrets." She said.
I guess that's what we were. Friends. "Anyway since we're friends I think it's only fair you told me your deep dark secret." She demanded.
"It's not even that interesting..." I mumbled trying to avoid an awkward conversation. Fiddling with a thread hanging loose from my dress seemed to be the only distraction.
As I explained my history with Fitz, Linh nodded along. After I finished we just sat there in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was a peaceful one. One where we had no more secrets to reveal and everything needed to be said, was.
"YOUR HIGHNESS!" Yelled a voice from outside my door. I turned to Linh who had the same dazed expression on her face. Both of our faces were scrunched but Linh ,always, looked far more sophisticated in any of her facial expressions, than I ever did.
In came Keefe stifling a laugh with powder covering his hands. "What did you do this time?"
"Pranked the new guard." He smirked. "What did you do to him?" Linh asked. "See for yourself." "Tam you may enter."