Chapter 22: After The Ball

Guys I have a question. Should I compete this book for The Wattys 2018? Comment down below!

"Ahem. Am I interrupting something?" Coughed a voice. I immediately pulled away and there was no question my face was red. I pulled out a loose eyelash and looked up. Yikes. It couldn't have been any worse. "I see you're enjoying the party we threw." Said the voice.

I curtsied. It seemed appropriate at the time. "Your highness." I said. "Well at least she has manners." Mumbled the king. I looked at Keefe but he was as nervous as I was. I squeezed his hand and our eyes locked. A wave of warmth and reassurance washed over me. 

The King noticed this and said "Keefe why don't you go spend some time with the other selected." "Yes sir." He responded and he walked off leaving me in the bitter cold. "And for you I suggest you go back to your room. You've had plenty of fun today." He grumbled.

"Yes your highness." I said and scurried off to the door where my guard was waiting for me like he knew what had happened. "How did you know?" I whispered. "Know what? I came here for a cupcake." He squeaked.

"Whatever Sandor let's just go." I mumbled. I looked back to see Keefe dancing with Biana. As they passed us she smirked at me but Keefe didn't even seem to recognize me. I knew it was a bad idea to get close to him. 

A tear trickled down my cheek. "L-let's go." I managed to choke out. Sandor looked at me with a face full of treats and saw I was sad, no question ,so he agreed and we left. This is exactly why I didn't join. I didn't want to be hurt. Again.

Guuuuuuys I'm so sorry It's so short but really I haven't posted in sooooooo long so I decided to before school!