Chapter 14: The Eavesdropping

I'm sorry it's been so long. All my inspiration for this book is gone :(. Honestly if it weren't for you guys I would have deleted this series. But for my amazing readers I will continue on and try to improve the plot as much as possible. Reading back on the chapters they suckkkk. idk why you guys like this. sorry this chapter is short.

Sophie was in her room all alone. Linh had gone away with Tam to catch up. She felt like Tam was going to take up all her time and they weren't going to have as much time to talk. On the other hand Linh was a little clingy so she guessed it was nice to have some alone time.
Keefe was off doing royal work and all her maids were downstairs working on her Halloween costume for the ball. Sophie decided to get up and do something active. She was a little tired of just laying in bed. She could take a nap but she felt like that's all she ever did anymore. Sophie got up from bed and stretched.
Ugh head rush. That's what she got for being so lazy. Sophie would make a terrible queen. Currently she was wearing a thick green gown which was required every time you were scheduled to meet a royal. It was a bit too hot outside, where she planned to go, to be in this puffy dress so she took it off.
All she could say was "The struggle is real." The zipper got caught like fifty times and when Sophie finally got it over her head it got caught on her hair and she had to rip her hair off the zipper! Fun right? The things she did for the selection.
Sophie went to her closet and searched for a lighter dress to wear. Pink dress, no. Yellow, no. Green, ew. Purple, gross. Blue, yes please! She took the dress off the hanger and put it on. Today was going to be a relaxing day, she decided.
Sophie walked up to her door, opened it, and left the room. She was excited to see the gardens but she was allergic to pollen so Sophie was happy no one was with her to be annoyed when she sneezed. The steps that led downstairs were right next to her room so she didn't have to go very far.
Sophie slid down the railing, making sure no one was watching, and hopped to the floor. She had ballet flats on because they were apparently the most casual thing you were allowed to wear here. Like no gym shoes? Why her.
Sophie walked towards the guards at the doors they both turned to her. "Are you going outside?" One of them asked. She nodded and they both pulled one door open for her, which seemed really unnecessary like one door is enough she wasn't that big.
A heat wave hit Sophie as soon as she took one step outside. She immediately started to regret coming out there. The guards looked at Sophie expectantly, waiting for her to move before closing the doors. She could tell they didn't want to let all the cool air in the palace out. Sophie took a few more steps out and jumped when she heared the SLAM of the doors closing.
She had to admit it wasn't horrible out there with all the beautiful plants but the weather made everything worse. She wandered around the gardens for a little until she came across a stone statue. It looked a lot like Keefe. Sophie read the writing under the statue "Keefe Sencen 2999-3099"
That probably wasn't the Keefe she knew. She heard chatter on the other side of the statue and stayed quiet to hear if it was anything important. "I don't like that you used her." Said a deep voice. "Look I'm sorry Tam but your sister is her best friend and she wouldn't have known if it was anyone else." Replied a voice with a thick crisp accent.
"You just better hope Sophie doesn't find out you and Linh lied to her. She's already mad enough as it is." Said the deeper voice.
Sophie peeked her head around the corner hearing her name. It was Tam and Fitz. They lied to her. Both of them. And was it really just an act? Did Linh and Fitz really not have feelings for each other? Did Fitz still love her? And did she still love Fitz?
The last thing she remembered was her falling to the ground, overwhelmed by all the drama. Everything went black and panicked yells surrounded her.