Chapter 23: The Venting

I ran into my room humiliated on what had happened. Getting sent to my room by the king! That was it Keefe had pulled the last string. I found Calla in my room tidying it up. "Good idea. I'll be leaving the palace soon anyway." I grumbled. 

Calla looked me up and down. "God what happened?" She asked. "He left me that's what happened." She sighed and said "Sophie we need to talk about this." "What's there to talk about?! What he's too scared of his dad to defend me? Then go smooch another girl huh?! I yelled.

"Ok clearly you need to calm down." She said putting her hands up. "WHY WOULD I NEED TO CALM DOWN?! I'M PERFECTLY FINE!" I screamed. I ripped off my dress angry with the world. Why was this happening to me? "Calla you didn't see the look on his face. It was like he didn't even recognize me!" I shouted tears pouring down my face.

"SOPHIE SHUT UP!" She yelled. I stoped yelling but I couldn't stop the tears from pouring down. "Sophie you shouldn't give up just because of his family issues- "Ah but I can I'm not going for him if I only have like a 1% chance of making it up to the king!" I interrupted. 

"Sophie you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 1% is better than none." She quoted. "I'm going to bed and we'll talk about this in the morning." I responded. She left my room and I put on my pajamas. I slipped into my covers and snuggled up with my pillow. My cheeks felt rough on my tear stained face. And there was one thing I knew would help that I haven't been getting much of. Sleep.

Guys the end of the book is nearing! I have decided that there will indeed be another contest and will be announced very soon! Ps: Sorry it's so short!