Chapter 6: Illéa Weekly

Once we reached the room Fitz left and I walked further in. Flori and Calla were right all of the girls were wearing blue. Even Stina and Biana. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Biana caught a glimpse of me and her eyes widened when she saw my dress. She glared and marched over to me. "Hand that dress over now!" She whispered.
"N-no!" I whispered standing up for myself. She glared and yanked on it. "If you don't give it to me I'll have to get it the hard way." She threatened. "I don't take threats from anyone." I snapped as I walked away pushing her hands off my dress. I was not taking that treatment from anyone.
"Ladies five minutes until showtime!" Yelled a man with a mic attached to his jaw. "Take your seats!" Called a woman with a clipboard in her hands. There were multiple chairs lined up each with a selected's name sewed on them. I followed the line until I spotted my name.
Luckily Linh's chair was right next to mine so I felt better. I took a seat and waited for her to arrive. A few minutes later all of the selected were here except for Linh. "2 minutes!" Cried the man again. Finally Linh bursted through the doors her hair ruffled, a tear in her dress, and her makeup was all smudged.
She ran over to her chair and she started finger combing her hair. "What happened to you?" I whispered. She just glared at me and continued fixing herself up. "And we're rolling in 5.....4......3.......2......1......" The light on the camera turned red and the reporter started "This is Illea news and I'm your host, Albert Forkle."
"Today we'll be interviewing the selected. The question of the day is....What was the first thing you said to the Prince?" Said the reporter. "Let's start off with this lovely lady of here." He walked over to Biana with the camera zooming in on them. "You're Lady?" "Lady Biana." She smiled. "Ah So Lady Biana what was the first thing you said to the Prince?" He Asked.
"I believe it was 'It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness." She replied. He nodded. "Makes sense. You were introducing yourselves." He agreed. This went on for a while until he reached me.
"You're Lady?" "Lady Sophie." I said. "Ah So Lady Sophie what was the first thing you said to the Prince?" He Asked. "I'm pretty sure it was 'I really am are you a guard?'" I replied. He chuckled. "How on earth did that happen?" He Asked. "It's a long story." I cringed not wanting to share.
"We have time." He smiled. I internally groaned. Whyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeee. "Well it was the morning when we would meet the prince. We had just eaten and I had to go to the bathroom really badly. My maid escorted me there but when I came out she was gone." I said looking around to see if Calla was here.
"That's when I saw Prince Keefe. He asked me if I was lost and I said I was. When I asked if he was a guard he nodded so I started ranting about how bad-my headache hurt." I lied refraining myself from exposing my hatred for Biana and Stina. "Only later to find out he was the prince who I had just embarrassed myself in front of." I cringed.
He chuckled. "That's quite a story. Wouldn't be surprised if your story made the headlines." With a final smile he moved onto Linh. That was exactly what I was afraid of. At least to worst was over.