Chapter 17: The Hangout

okayyy I have a few things that would be greatly appreciated from you guys. oneeee if you could tag me in the chapter I added Dex because I cannot find itttt. and twooo I'm planning on updating the cast so if you could write suggestions in the comments for who you'd like to see then pleaseee do! also I'm and idiot and realized the story was on complete mode so it looked like the book had ended but it hasn't and I fixed it and I'm sorry for yelling about it earlier!

"I don't need this right now." Sophie whined. After finally deciding between two boys she needed a moment to process. And there was no way she going to process anything with Biana! She was a bully and spread rumors about Sophie all the time. There was the lie about her being pregnant, which was absurd, Sophie not actually being blonde, that was a really dumb lie but apparently the queen has a thing about girls who dye their hair, and then of course the one about how Sophie has a boyfriend back home, which wasn't a complete lie.
Collapsing on her bed and waiting to hear the door shut she groaned into her pillow. Once she heard the click! of the door closing Sophie sat back up only to find Biana at the foot of her bed. She squinted her eyes, still not really sure why she was here, and asked "Seriously Biana, my day is getting worse each second, which I'm sure you love hearing. If you would just leave me alone for a little while I'll still be here tomorrow for you to torment." Biana nodded but when Sophie took a closer look at her she noticed tears pooling in her eyes. She quickly pulled her into a hug in concern. Sophie had never seen Biana crying, and she didn't see that changing before.
In between hiccups Biana managed to get out a few words. "He- keef- he sent-....he sent Stina home!" Sophie rubbed her back understanding how she was feeling. "Why are you being so nice to me? I've been terrible to you." Biana pulled out of her embrace and started wiping away at her ruined mascara.
"I get how you feel. It was really hard on me when Marella was eliminated. And I think we both need a friend." Sophie was at the point where she was just tired of fighting with Biana and it would be easier to become friends than foes. "I think we should start over. Hi I'm Sophie." She stuck her hand out and Biana shook it warily.
"This is stupid."
"If we're gonna be friends you have to learn to be a bit nicer Biana. But that's a step up from calling me stupid. So you're making progress already."
Biana rolled her eyes and laid down next to Sophie. "Fine." She grumbled. "Why are you having such a bad day? You live in a room bigger than your house you should be taking advantage of this experience."
Sophie gave her a look and she quickly corrected herself. "Sorry I mean- we all are so lucky to be here. Why are you upset on such a darling day?" The question was filled with sarcasm but Sophie took it anyway.
"Boy drama." She said simply. Although the two had made up and become friends, Sophie wasn't going to be so quick to trust her. Trying to make conversation she thought back to the Halloween Ball that was coming up in a few days. "Do you know what you're going to wear to the Halloween Ball?"
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Dressing up as a fictional character? It's for children is what it is. But yes I do have a dress in mind. My maids brought up a few options the other day. I have my eye on a white swanlike dress. It's gorgeous you have to see it."
"I'm sure that'll impress the Prince." Sophie said rather unenthusiastically. She still didn't know what she was going as but a swan wasn't a costume she'd think Keefe would be particularly drawn to. Speaking of Keefe she hadn't talked to him in quite a while. "If you'd excuse me Biana I forgot I have a date with the Prince this afternoon." She lied.
Biana was a little skeptical but nodded as both girls got up from the bed and exited Sophie's room. Biana wandered over to the east wing of the castle and Sophie skipped to Keefe's room. She was carefree now that she had ended things with Fitz and could leave the past behind her. She'd have to see him everyday but they'd already practiced formalities when he was walking Sophie back to her room so she wasn't too worried. Things were starting to look brighter and life seemed almost too good to be true.
Before Sophie could even knock, Keefe's door swung open. And he crashed right into her. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" She cried. Keefe looked up with an annoyed expression but it quickly morphed into a smile when he saw Sophie.
"Haven't seen you in a while."
"That's what I was thinking. So if you don't have anything else going on...do you want to maybe I don't know...hang out somewhere?"
"I was actually just about to get tailored for my Halloween costume."
"Oh." Sophie frowned in disappointment. What was she thinking? Keefe was a prince. He was a busy guy who needed the simplicity of a schedule.
"But you could come with me." He offered. She immediately perked up and nodded. Keefe put out his arm to her and they walked down the stairs arm in arm. "How has your day been?"
"You know it hasn't been that great." She started as they passed the library. "First I discovered some...unfortunate news about a close friend, I fainted, went to the infirmary and spent most of my day there, ran into an unexpected guard, but it actually turned around when Biana came to my room." Keefe raised his eyebrows and turned to her with a shocked expression on his face. "I know, crazy right? She basically cried about how you eliminated Stina and we sort of bonded over that."
"I'm happy my pain gave you some joy."
"Your pain?" Sophie asked.
"Stina was a complete mess. We were walking in the gardens when I told her. She about threw me into the fountain when I broke the news. Then she started crying and I just stood there watching her. Stina flicked me whenever I tried to comfort her." Keefe clarified. "It was awful." He shivered.
"I worry for your future wife." Sophie teased.
"Don't worry about yourself. There are plenty of other people who do that for you."
Sophie rolled her eyes at his terrible joke and then pointed to a blue door. She recognized it from a few interviews of the royal family she'd seen on TV. "That it?"
"Don't sound so disappointed. Yeesh already acting like a princess." Keefe pulled back his arm and bowed. "Sorry your grace, would you like a bigger room for your tailor?"
"Stop it! I'm doing you a favor by gracing you with my presence." She smiled, playing along. "Now, open my door servant!" She commanded.
Keefe complied and Sophie walked in with her head held high. Tiergan, the tailor, scurried up to the couple and bowed. "Your highness, my lady." He addressed them. "I have quite a collection laid out for the two of you." The both of them? How did he know Sophie was coming?
"My Prince, your suits are on the rack near dressing room number one. As for you Miss Foster, your dresses are hanging on the rack besides dressing room number four." They nodded and went into their respective rooms. Sophie put on the most conservative angel costume that didn't show and inch of skin below her neck. When she went out to show Keefe she had to cover her mouth to hide her laughter. This was definitely the highlight of her day. What the heck was he wearing?

I'm going back and editing these chapters because I just end on random notes and start off the new chapter with a completely different scene and it confuses the heck outta me and I'm the one who wrote the darn thing! so if u get a lot of notifs that it's getting updated a ton that's why. thanks everyone for all the support and I love reading people's comments like they seriously make my day. Even if it's the simplest "nice chapter!" it puts the biggest smile on my face so I just wanted to say thank you!