Chapter 20: The Ball Part 2

While Keefe and I danced on the ballroom floor I could see stares including glares all around me. Even though I knew none of these girls should feel threatened by me I still blushed. "Hey why don't you go dance with someone else?" I whispered. "Nah I'm good right here." He whispered back. I blushed even harder. Man what was with me today? "Keefe we made a deal." I reminded him.

"Did we now?" He asked smirking. "Yes! We did! Now go ask one of those lovely ladies to dance with you." I ordered him. He whined "Fooooooossssster!" "Alright alright but you have to go get me a piece of mallowmelt I'll meet you on the balcony." I compromised. "Deal." He said smiling.

I walked to the balcony catching the glares following my every step. I ignored them and leaned on the balcony railing. The sky was filled with night stars. Each one was blinking as bright as the twinkle in Keefe's eyes. Gak! Why do I keep thinking about him! Thump thump! "One order of Mallowmelt!" Shouted Keefe as he walked into the balcony.

"Oooooh food!" I squealed. He chuckled and handed me my mallowmelt. I quickly chugged down the food and blushed when I realized Keefe was watching me. I swallowed quickly and smiled. "Don't watch me eat." I complained. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked smirking. 

"It's weird!" I whined. "Foster let's sit down." He said taking a seat and patting the spot next to him. I plopped down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I don't think we're just friends." He started."Keefe no.." I interrupted. "And I don't want to be just friends. I don't think I could take it. I want to be something more. Or I don't want to be anything. It's up to you Sophie. Just think about this why are you out here talking to me instead of inside talking to your friend inside." He finished.

"So what do you say? Will you try?" He asked. I stared into his ice blue eyes and answered "I-

Cliffy! So sorry! I promise to update today or tomorrow!