Chapter 17: The Chase

Keefe thought I was pregnant?! WHAT?! Part of me thought he actually would keep his promise but I guess he was the snobby prince I always thought he was. Either way I knew I didn't want to get canned. I ran through the halls in search of Keefe's bedroom. 

I ran so many flights of steps I thought I would pass out. I stopped to take a breath when I saw a guard out of the corner of my eye. "Guard!" I yelled. He turned around and I rushed over to him. "Do you know where Prince Keefe's room is?" She asked while breathing heavily. "Sorry miss but that room is restricted." Replied the guard. I hadn't taken a good look (as I was bending over) at the guard but his voice sounded familiar. 

I looked up to see my brother Dex. "OH MY GOSH DEX!" I yelled. "Sophie that's you?" He asked. "OF COURSE IT'S ME WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL OF THESE YEARS!?" I shouted. "Sophie calm down I was here-"YOU DIDN'T BOTHER SENDING US MONEY?!" I screamed cutting him off. "If I take you to Keefes room will you stop yelling?" compromised Dex."N-fine."I agreed. "Follow me." He said leading me up the stairs. I followed him up the stairs and we walked a couple hallways before he started talking again. "Sophie I'm sor-"NO TALKING OR I YELL." I threatened. 

He sighed and said "We're here." "Thanks." I said sourly. He waited for me to knock before I said" You can go." He scurried away then I knocked. Knock knock. The door pulled open and there was Keefe. "So is it true? Are you pregnant?" He asked with a red face.

Sorry for the short chapter!