1 7 | d a y s | l e f t - 1 1 : 0 8 - A M

1 1 : 0 8 | A M

Shane = Bold

Cleo = Italics

1 1 : 0 8 | A M

1 1 : 0 8 | A M

"You need to sort out your posture Lost Boy."  He blinked at her under the protection of the dark sunglasses that he persisted to wear through the winter months. Looking at her when she was actually fully conscious fabricated a whole new ideal of beauty. Under the safety of his sunglasses, he could stare at her as freely as he wanted without being caught out. 

He was still trying to work out what made her considerably more beautiful than the last time he had laid eyes on her when he felt two firm hands grasp hold of his shoulders and tug his entire being upwards. The sunglasses began to fall down his nose at the sudden jolt, allowing his eyes to see the world in brighter color. 

She made it brighter.

He blinked against the sudden sunlight, finding himself slightly off balance as she gave him a dazzling smile. His mind raced to catch up with reality, struggling to comprehend that someone was smiling at him. Genuinely smiling at him. All his memories of genuine smiles had faded into an abyss of fake smiles from people who didn't truly know him. This must have been what colour felt like. True colour. He found that everything else became a blur. Past memories became dull and colorless. Everything was filtered, edited to center itself around the masterpiece in front of him. 

"Don't look so shocked Lost Boy, it's just a piece of advice but I am serious. Bad posture can lead to serious back pain." She continued to ramble on about the precautions a person should take in the highly dangerous act of slouching. As much as he tried to focus on her words all he could do was focus on her. 

Shane found himself fascinated with every little detail about her. It was as if his brain was analyzing every scrutinizing detail of her and committing it to memory. Never to be forgotten. The sudden burst of color that the removal of the sunglasses had sprung upon him was beginning to make his eyes hurt. He had been wearing them for so long that the sudden exposure to light had come as too much of a shock for them to handle.

He blinked once, raising a hand to push them back up his nose once more.

Although he had a feeling that he would have to take them off a whole lot sooner than he had originally planned. 

Ignoring the sudden twist of his gut he gave the girl in front of him a crooked smile. There was the slight sound of crunching as his left hand scrunched up the piece of paper that he had previously stored in his pocket. He wouldn't be needing that for a long, long time. Seeing the light had reminded him that he had promised her thirty days. Thirty days to make him smile. 

It seemed rude to break that promise sooner than expected.

Almost a betrayal.

He screwed up the piece of paper further, smiling a little bit wider at the satisfying crumpling sound that erupted from his pocket. It was okay. He still had time. Besides, he had a feeling that after this particular encounter that letter would need some rewriting. 

He extended the hand that had previously been crushing the worthless piece of paper out to her, making sure never to reveal his face. "Alright then, off to our first stop on the tour of Never-land."