b l e e d

Bold = Shane

Cleo = Italics 

"Just remember, you can't possibly be a villain if you feel remorse

"Just remember, you can't possibly be a villain if you feel remorse." 

Although Shane's ears knew the words to be true his mind was persistent to cause conflict with them.

 So, naturally, he nodded as if all was right in the world. Deep down he could tell that his Super-girl knew that half the time her words washed straight over him, not quite sinking down far enough in order to leave a mark. It wasn't anything he could help. His mind simply refused to accept that it wasn't as poisoned as it thought itself to be.

How could he change if his mind was so stubborn as to prevent him from receiving the happiness he deserved?

Seeming to sense the corrosion of his mental state, which was rapidly plummeting, two small arms wrapped themselves around his waist. This intimate routine was closely followed by a head resting in the nook of his shoulder. He couldn't help the slight rising of his lips. "Do I stink of inner turmoil or something, Super-girl?" He felt her laugh into his shoulder, chuckles slightly muffled by the fabric of his coat. The action of joy awoke his long-dead cells as she shook against him. "I dare say, do I need to bathe in positivity in order to cleanse me of stench?"

He got a slap for that one.

Wanting to see her smile once more, Shane turned to look down at her. 

What he saw greatly alarmed him.

In place of the heart accelerating smile that he had been anticipating he was greeted with a fountain of blood streaming down her face.

Apparently sensing his sudden distress Cleo took a hold of his shoulders with a firm expression. "Why so distressed, you didn't leave the cookies in the oven. Did you?"

As much as he wanted to grin at the recollection of their previous phone call, Shane was far more concerned with the blood flowing down her delicate features. "Y...your nose is bleeding."

Super-girl let out a bark of laughter. "For God's sake Lost Boy," she spluttered through chuckles, "by how pale you were anyone would have thought I was dying or something...do you have a tissue by any chance?" Still slightly bewildered by the sudden perky turnaround, Shane slowly shook his head. Cleo let out a huff, standing up a little straighter when she heard approaching footsteps from behind the door. "Alright then Lost Boy. This isn't exactly how I pictured it. I would rather prefer angelic halos than bloody noses but you know what? I'll take what I can get."

The door swung open.