3 | d a y s | l e f t

Blue. Red. Yellow.

Three primary colours that bonded together in order to fabricate the universe. Shane had always found it somewhat miraculous that only three colours were needed in order to form the entire spectrum in which the world depended upon.

In a way, the primary colours represented the three dominant parts of the human race. Blue. Red. Yellow. Water. Blood. Light. Shane had always believed that each colour was unique, prominent against the ever-changing background. Primary colours were simple. Primary colours were easy. With primary colours, one did not need to concern themselves with the complexity of how the pigment was created.

It was only Blue.

It was only Red.

It was only Yellow.

It was only Water.

It was only Blood.

It was only Light.

Blue.

Red.

Yellow.

Blue.

Red.

Yellow.

Water.

Blood.

Light.

Blue.

Red.

Yellow.

Blue.

Red.

Yellow.

Blue.

Red.

Yellow.

Shane felt them all clashing at once, three pigments at full brightness.

It was blinding, scarring his mind as he scrambled to get a hold of the microphone stand.

The auditorium had become silent.

But Shane was no longer there.

He wasn't there.

He wasn't anywhere.

He was in his own head, the entire world blurring around him, attempting to be rid of him as he felt himself erased from the picture. The world was regurgitating him, trying to spit him out of a world in which he did not belong. He was not a primary colour. He was something far too complex to blend into the pigments around him and it was about time he acknowledged it.

The microphone dropped to the floor, a deafening screech echoing around the stadium as it did so.

Shane did not hear it.

To him, there was nothing but the dark thoughts that threatened to jump out of his skin, exploiting him for what he really was. Not the star everyone believed him to be but a flaming ball of gasoline.

The crowd started to holler.

Shane did not hear it.

He was already lost.

Inside his own head.