f a u l t

From: jaxontaylor@talktalk.com 

To: clquinn@virginmedia.com

Dear Cleopatra (or Super-girl as you apparently prefer to be called),

I write to you today via e-mail to keep things formal. I feel that calling you wouldn't be enough to truly express the matters that need to be discussed. Urgently. 

I understand that you must be wondering who had the rapid desire to e-mail you at such an ungodly hour as one o'clock in the morning. You see the thing is, Miss Super-girl, is that people like me don't get much sleep. You have to understand that we have far more pressing issues to deal with than slumber.

However, I did not reach out to you to discuss my sleeping habits. No. Today I reach out to you in order to discuss the truly pressing matter that is one of my clients. Shane Caliente. As his manager, I feel that it is my right to discuss these issues with you. 

It has come to my realization recently that Shane has become distracted. So distracted that it concerns me in more ways than one. Although I do feel that some of these concerns may be a little too personal for me to openly tell you about there are certainly some that are. I will leave the more personal issues for him to discuss with you himself although I do feel urged to give you a vague warning. 

The first thing that concerns me is the distraction itself. I'm sure you understand that he is a man with a schedule filled to the brim. Although I do not directly disapprove of the bond that you so clearly have with each other I do feel obliged to give you words of caution. If this proceeds to escalate then I will be forced to take action. Despite a distraction being perhaps necessary in some cases to get away and help assist in making sense of the world, there is a certain boundary. There is a firm wall between a welcome distraction and a destructive one. I sincerely hope that you do not cross that line. It would be a shame to eradicate what appears to be his only form of happiness.

The second thing that I feel the need to address is a certain condition that resides in Shane's brain. I do not wish to alarm you in any way but I do believe it is something that you should be aware of. Although I am not entirely certain as to how the condition came to be it has most certainly become a part of him. He came to terms with it around a year ago and has been living with it ever since. Some parts of his behavior lead me to believe that it has something to do with all of the stress that he has been put under as well as some traumatic events of his past that I would rather not mention as it would be an invasion of privacy. 

This condition relies heavily on repetition. Schedule. Routine. I have heard it often being described as being stuck on a form of carousel. It is quite often said that the person's mind is intoxicated and reliant on their routine. It's the kind of ideal of something horrible happening if those routines stop. It starts off small but it grows. It's been growing in Shane for a while now. I think you should understand that this is more than just reliance on routine. This is fear. For whatever reason it is pure, raw fear.  The person wants to snap out of it but fear has a sturdy grip. 

I'm afraid, Miss Super-girl, that you are not part of the routine. I do not mean to offend you when I say this but it could well disrupt him. After so long with the intoxicating routines, he may not be ready to snap out of it just yet. Or ever for that matter. I simply thought that you deserved to know this. Although I do not wish to cause you alarm it is a rather pressing matter that I urge you to discuss with him. For the sake of his mental health. I do not think you understand how serious this is. His brain his short-circuited, spinning round and round in the same routine with no intention of stopping. Of course, this can never be solved until the reason for his illness is resolved. Again, I feel that information is far too personal to share.

But please do be aware that his brain may be drowning in itself as we speak.

Due to your presence in his life.

Please be aware of this. I have noticed the changes.

But most importantly make him aware of the fact that you are changing his routine.

And that has been his one fear all along.

It is one of the many faults in his mind.

Do consider this,

Yours Sincerely,

Shane's trusted friend and manager,

Jaxon Taylor.