l o s t

Shane = Bold

"Do you think they'll shut up if I kiss you?"

Cleo stared helplessly at the boy in front of her, words stuck in her throat as she struggled to comprehend the rapidly escalating situation. Around her, the silence had ceased. It had instead erupted into a torturous mess of screaming and phone camera flashes.

In all honesty, she did not feel like much of a Super-girl. All she wanted to do was get away. From everything. From everyone. The tireless insults had crippled her mind to nothing but the sudden need to get away. No matter how much she wished to be the superhero Lost Boy needed her to be, she couldn't. She couldn't. Not here. Not now. She was tired. She was exhausted. Now that the adrenaline had left her veins there was nothing but pure fatigue.

For the first time, Cleo was ready to give into the need of escape. She wanted to be lost. She wanted to lose herself, to drown her mind in the boy standing in front of her.

Her arms were around him before she could second-guess herself, the sudden close proximity meaning that she could feel the acceleration of his heartbeat synchronising with her own. Shane's hair fell over his face as he tilted his head down, causing a slight delay in the cage of his arms as he had to push it back.

It fell out of place again.

He didn't seem to care.

A thin wire pulled them together, neither of them knowing exactly what it was that caused their lips to meet but not really caring. They were lost in each other, everything around them fading into a hazed blur of nothingness.

Cleo knew that it was not perfect. But then again, things hardly ever were. There were no fireworks. There was no spark of magic. There were simply two bodies, talking to each other the only way they knew how.

It wasn't perfect.

But it was pretty damn close.