r a d i o

Shane = Bold

Cleo = Italics

Cleo had decided that, in order to stay true to the movies, it was only right to have the radio blasting out as they drove along

Cleo had decided that, in order to stay true to the movies, it was only right to have the radio blasting out as they drove along. At the time, Shane had not hesitated, occasionally taking his eyes off of the road to watch in amusement as she belted out a well-known tune.

This, of course, was all well and good up until the point where the radio opted to replicate actions of the devil. The peculiar event occurred around the halfway point of the car journey, Shane jerking the car slightly when he heard the dreaded melody that the radio had decided to perform.

Cleo was chanting the lyrics before he could protest, serenading the song with airy laughs when she caught sight of his flustered expression. For some absurd reason, Cleo found that she took great joy in the flush creeping across Shane's features.

She continued to laugh, highly amused at how easily Shane's face betrayed him. It was odd to see a man of perfect smiles crumble under the weight of one, small, brunette Super-girl. "What's wrong Lost Boy? You can handle an entire stadium singing your song back to you but you blush when it's just me?" She leaned over to give the unsettled superstar a light punch on the shoulder.

Shane nodded slowly, his first real smile of the day gracing his features as he realised that what should have been a straightforward question wiped his mind clear of an answer. "I honestly have no idea why."