5 | d a y s | l e f t

Cleo sat alone at lunch

In the corner of her eye, she could see Audrey glance over in her direction once before taking a seat at her usual table with the rest of the pack. Cleo could remember a time where she had been seated next to the redhead, scrolling eagerly through social media as talk of fine looking men escaped their lips.

Now, she used her phone for far more important things.

She had sent Shane at least ten voicemails and that was only today. She had even attempted to text him but had still come up short. Her heart was stabbed with each silent rejection. She didn't know what to do. What to think. Was he ignoring her or was he just...gone?

It was safe to say that nobody bothered her anymore. It seemed as if one kiss from a superstar had set warning bells off in everyone's minds as soon as she entered a room. This, however, did not mean that they were exactly amicable. Rumours still circulated her every step and her mailbox was still full of typed insults. For some reason, this did not bother her in the slightest. She supposed this was because her mind had prioritised the one thing that mattered the most.

Cleo had been slowly chewing on an onion ring when the notification flashed up on her phone screen. She almost choked on the food in her mouth from relief. Although not direct contact from him, it was still proof that he was alive. He was alive. He was breathing. He was okay. He was going to be okay.

BREAKING NEWS:

Shane Caliente found passed out from heavy drinking on park bench.