7 | d a y s | l e f t - v o i c e m a i l

"Hey Lost Boy,

I heard that you didn't show up to your concert. Again. And...and that bothers me because I now have no idea where you are or...or a signal that you're even alive. Our last conversation was...scary. I keep looking at the big red cross on my calendar that marks the end of the month and...it's getting closer Shane. There are only seven days left. Seven days Shane. Seven. Days. That's...that's not a lot of time.

You were right, you know, about me being scared. I am scared, terrified actually.

I've been through a lot. I've been broken at the hands of my own family. I've been accused of things that I haven't done and punished for it. And...and somehow, I've managed to pull through. But...you've been through a lot too and...and you haven't quite made it to the other side. It...it makes me wonder what the difference is. How come I made it but you didn't?

And then...then I realized what I have that you...that you don't. Hope. I always had hope that things would get better. You...you didn't have that. You still don't. You just let all the dark thoughts consume you until there's no sign of light.

Tell me this Lost Boy, how are you meant to survive when you don't want to?

You gave up before you even had a chance to fall. You...you saw all the damage you'd caused and decided that you were done. Well...you don't have to be. Life has so much more to give you, don't you see that? You...you were given the ability to breathe and now...now you're not taking advantage of that.

D...damn it.

I'm crying again

I...I just...I can already imagine your body as a breathless corpse and it...it brings me to tears just to think about it. So...I should stop thinking about it. But, I can't. It's the only thing that I can think about these days. Vaughn says it will be good to...to prepare myself for if...if you die but that I should try to prevent it as much as I possibly can. But...but I don't want to prepare myself for something that I don't want to happen because...because then it becomes real."