Ch. 21

Wayo Room

Coming back from the night market, Arthit has an odd feeling. He feeling uncomfortable with his body, feeling weird.

"Maybe because I'm too tired?" He mumbles alone.

He takes a nice warm bath and change to clean cloth. He also takes some medicine with water as he starts to feel dizzy. Arthit body feels heavy and his heartbeat is unbalanced, sometimes fast sometimes slow.

Arthit lay on the bed, look up and stare blankly at the white ceiling after wish good night to Kongpob over LINE. He finally closes his eye but opened a door to the dreamland.

...

Prem House - Prem Room.

"Are you ok N'Yo?" Prem touch Wayo forehead. 

Wayo who seat blankly at the bed while hugging soft toy from Phana ignored Prem.

"Your body temperature is warm and getting hot." Prem put a cold patch on Wayo forehead and give medicine with water to him.

"Take this and go to sleep. I will call Arthit for you and Mo Pha if your fever getting worst." Prem help covers Wayo with a blanket and turned off the light before walk out from the room to call Arthit.

Wayo who feel dizzy and uncomfortable with his body just do what Prem ask him to do. The moment Wayo put his head on the pillow, everything turns black.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wayo POV

Waking up in the morning is really not my thing especially when the dizziness from last night still there. I wake but my eye still closes and laying on the bed to get my sense back. My laziness comes but I promise P'Pha to go together with P'Arthit and P'Kongpob to the library. 

With my eyes still closed I seat on the bed hugging my soft toy and put my head on it. Usually, I already wake up from the sound of P'Prem mom voice. This morning is different, the silent fill my ear and the familiar smell enter my nose.

With my head still resting on the soft toy, I slowly open my eye. The first thing I saw was nothing but blurry image. My eye so blurry that I need to squeeze my eye trying to see. I know this blurry image, the same image I get every time I wake up from sleep since I was 5 to 6 years old.

Buzz...buzz...buzz

I hear the alarm sound by phone. I reach out the phone near the pillow where I always put. No phone but only empty space. I stand, try to walk but stumbled my feet and touch the ground with my butt.

"Ouch..."

 "I know last night I back to P'Prem house." I talk to myself while looking closely at the pillow that I thought my soft toy.

If I not mistake, I'm not in P'Prem house but my room. Yes, my room. I squeeze my eye look at sofa where P'Arthit usually sleeps if I sleep over to study with him. There no P'Arthit or sign like pillow or blanket being used on the sofa.  

The hurt I get at my butt prove I'm not dreaming and sense come to me.

I reach out my hand to the nightstand. Yes, the thing I want is there. I reach out, put my glasses and in the second my vision becomes clear.

With all clue and my nearsighted, I know I'm back to my body. I run to the mirror and look at my reflection.

My tears slowly come down from my brown hazel eyes, soak my cheeks.