Ch. 23

"Are you ok back there Kongpob?" Knot ask while driving his car.

"Can you drop me off at the near bus station, P'Knot?" Kongpob voice sounds toneless.  

Tew who seat in the passenger seat next to the driver turns back and look at Kongpob. 

"Why?" Tew ask.  

"I'm going home. Tew, help me cover for class tomorrow, please?" Now, Kongpob voice totally sounds dead.  

Tew hand reach out and pat Kongpob knee before seat straight looking in front again. Knot who had his hands on the wheel steal a glance at the back using car mirror.

"If you going back surprisingly like this, your parent will be worry Kongpob. I will send you back to your apartment." Knot give a glance to Tew.

"I don't want back to that apartment P' Knot. Not after what I saw at the library." Kongpob eye showing nothing, emotionless.

"At less pack some clothes so your mother will less worry, so she won't asking too much." Knot told Kongpob.

"Right, it will help you to cover the suspicious from your mother, my friend." Tew said and Kongpob weakly nodded his head.

...

Knot stop his car in front Kongpob lobby building.

"I will take less than 10 min, can you please wait a moment?" Kongpob asks Knot.

Knot nodded.

"We will wait here, don't worry." Tew speak for Knot and smile at Kongpob.

...

Kongpob enters his room and quickly went to his wardrobe to take some clothes but his hand stops by the sound of water from his bathroom. He notices there something different with his room. Some clothes scattered on the floor near his laundry basket.

On top of dining table have cake and some food with some dark purple water, which Kongpob believe it is wine. Kongpob eye knows the figure that comes out from the bathroom. The person wears a bathrobe, slightly open showing his chest. He is the middle of drying his wet hair with a towel.

That person was frozen with his hand still on his hair when he notices Kongpob. The water from his wet hair drip down to his face, sliding down to his neck and end up wetting his chest.

"N'Yo what you doing here?" Ask Kongpob with small shaking movement from his head.

"I..." There is no answer.

"It is about P'Arthit and Phana right. That's why you come to me?" Kongpob hands clutching at his pants after saying that.

Still no answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kongpob POV

[Flashback - an hour before]

"Sawatdee Ai'Tew. What you want?" I ask Tew. I still laying in my bed after P'Arthit call to cancel the meeting with Mo Phana at the library. I know this is going to happen went P'Prem call and told me N'Yo having a cold last night.

"I want to ask if you want to go help P'Knot searching some info about P' Arthit problem at the library?" Ask Tew.

I should go help because is not right for me to be lazy and doing nothing while P' Knot works hard to find the solution. This is not his problem if P'Arthit is not his friend.

"We go to the National Library, it closer to P'Prem house. We plan to visit N'Yo after that." Tew seem to speak something with P'Knot. I wait him finish talk with P' Knot first.