Chapter 12

So there we were, just sitting there in the moonlight enjoying the tranquil sounds of light crickets greeting one another for the night. The wind would silently blow just as the crickets soon begin to increase their chirping. Natsu and I sat by one another though I was content on keeping my distance from him, so I sat with my knees touching the ground and my hands in my lap. Whilst Natsu did the exact opposite and sit criss-crossed. I wonder what time is it right now? I thought to myself, my eyes wandered on to the grass that was below me, I could see the shadows of the clouds that would move past the moon's gaze. The clouds transversed into the hallowing wind, I tried to keep myself up with poems I could think of, off the top of my head for this night. To let my stay sane, Dragneel's right beside me, and I can feel his eyes eyeing me. It wasn't the grass the was rustling but Natsu himself. Was he leaning in closer? His hand came in front of my face, all I could do is stupidly close my eyes as my red blush turns into almost blood shot red. I feel his hand softly caress my hair, "Sorry." Natsu's voice croaks he clears his throat before speaking again, "You had a leaf petal in your hair." turning my head I opened my eyes to see that both of us were very close, almost nose touching. I could hear my heart racing, faster and faster, if it wasn't for the wind Natsu could almost hear it. "Oh, th-thank you." I saw Natsu's adamsapple recede downward as he gulps. We stared into one anothers eyes for sometime, not really breaking silence but our breathing. I felt his breath on me and most definitely he felt mine. I began to feel awkward looking deeply into his eyes, not to mention how its most likely past curfew and Headmistress is already out looking for me for punishment. A sudden irritation enters my eyelid, I blink more than once to try to pry out whatever as landed in my eye, "Stay still, and open your eyelid." Natsu command, he removes my glasses and places them on the ground, I hear the quiet thunk of them as they do. Natsu's hands were actually cold believe it or not, I flinched as they touched my cheek, he chuckles. "Sorry, my hands are hardly ever this cold." staying very still I made my eyes look up to the sky as Natsu uses his finger tip to get the little something from out of my eye. As soon as he was done he stands, questionably looking at him he gestures down a hand. "I think it's time for you to head back." Nodding I stood up too taking his hand and letting him lead me to where my dorm was, it wasn't like I wanted to leave but my conscious was telling me that if I am smart enough I should leave now, hoping that Headmistress hasn't made her rounds yet. We weren't very far from the dorms either, Natsu and I sat in a secluded area covered my a circle of trees, as soon as you would pass those trees you immediately see a stone paths. One of those stone paths would lead you in various directions, down to the water, into the town or the most farthest away, the Academy.

It was like before, we walked in silence, Natsu held closely on to my hand tighter than the last time he did. Maybe its cause it's at night at he feels responsible for keeping a girl out this late? They could be other possible reasons why he's like this. Though I don't want to think right now, I want to be here, who knows this maybe the last chance and first chance I have to be alone with Natsu, let alone see him. "Hold on tight." Without the time to comprehend of whats going on, he picked me up bridal style holding close onto me Natsu leaps from the ground jumping over the the brick hedge that showed the difference between the school grounds and not school grounds. "The gate was closed." gently setting me down without a sweat. "Thanks." I quickly fixed my hair seeing that my normal picking at it should of kept maintained. I have this weird twitch of where I would run my hands through my hair making sure everything is tidy. I looked up at the clock that was placed in the center of the dorms and classrooms and other sections of the Academy, luckily it was out nine thirty-eight. "We should hurry. It's almost ten." I nodded, we both began to run very fast, faster than I am used to, this telling me that I should take early morning jogs. Quickly Natsu picked me up over his shoulders, if it was daylights I would scream but all I could manage was a quiet squeal. "Natsu-san!"
"What's up with the formalities?! Just call me Natsu!" Natsu whispered-yelled.
"Well, a little warning before you do that!"
"Well you run too slow, if it was like this then we'll make it to your dorm in no time!" I could almost sense his cheeky smile...
"Hold on tight Riylore!"
Natsu plants his feet into the stoned ground, it was like slow motion as he bends his knees to his legs. Natsu flies into the air, jumping from window sill to window sill, until it reaches to mine. Natsu made very sure to keep very quiet without waking up any other girls that either slept or were still awake. As soon as we made it to my dorm he reaches for the window, these were sliding windows it could be locked from the inside, I had the feeling that it wasn't locked because of certain friends expecting me come back either through the front door, or the window... - somehow.

But ooooh if only coming through the door and Natsu and I saying our goodbyes was that easy. Eruptively I felt myself jolt downward, oh no my skirt was sliding down! Natsu noticed this and quickly gripped onto me, that being my ... butt. "NATSU!" Shit! That was too loud! "GOMEN-NASI!" Quickly he opened the sliding doors and threw me in, my skirt was down so low you could see my undies. "GOMEN-NASI." His eyes were covered by his hand. His red blush couldn't be hidden though, "See you tomorrow Riylore!" breathing heavily, I tried to keep in my squeals trying not to wake the rest of my friends up. By this time I was blushing realizing what just happened...

I was past curfew with Natsu Dragneel ... and at the end of the night he saw my pink stripped underwear!