Chapter 51

PREVIOUSLY ON THE HEARTFILIAS

He looks down for a moment before his eyes slowly trail up to meet with mine. We're both in a trance and we stare at one another's eyes, but when I look into his eyes, they're sad looking. We stay like that still, but I pulled away my hand when I notice his grip tighten, "S-sorry..." He rushed out the door, and the door closes behind him.
____________________________

NORMAL POV

"Thank you Rogue-kun for the apple muffins! Frosch loves apples!" the green exceed dressed in a pink frog suit squeals as Rogue passes a piece of the apple muffin down to Frosch. "You're welcome Frosch." Rogue smiles down at his friend as the two departed from the bake shop.

....

Riylore ended up opening the shop and selling the remainder of the baked goods that were already prepared, she closed around later that afternoon and decided to go on a walk. She changed into something more outdoor ready, before heading out she told Reira-san where she was going. Heading out, Happy came along with her, probably because he assumed she was going to the markets, with her holding the basket confused him. And because today's Tuesday so fish here is caught throughout the day instead of just in the mornings.

Riylore and Happy remained quiet, he trotted happily beside her. Happy then looks up to Riylore saying, "I heard by Erza that you're coming back to Magnolia but, not joining Fairy Tail anytime soon." Happy sounded sad when he finished, Riylore looks down at him before sweetly smiling at him. She nods, "Don't worry, you can visit me anytime." She doesn't want them to visit. She hates to hurt Natsu and the others even but it seems she wants more time to herself.

At this moment Riylore was so conflicted of what she needs to do, for what's best for her. But what's getting in the way of it is that she's thinking of everyone else, and hardly ever her.

~THAT SUNDAY MORNING~

RIYLORE POV

The week went by quickly and now it was Christmas morning, on this particular day I didn't really feel a year older but, I felt really weird I speculated that it was Muse trying to contact me. I contemplated about going into the forest and talk to Muse, I need more answers than what she has given me.

The morning went by as it should, for some reason the guys are sleeping in, people checked into room, tourists and stranded people. Reira-san told that there's an impending snow storm, we're getting more than a ten feet of snow. Today's going to be busy with work orders and comforting her guests, I knew I had to help us well. It is nice to have more customers than usual.

Thinking about going into the forest again, I wanted Natsu to come with me, but he's sleeping and I didn't want to bother him. But, if I go by myself I'll hear about it later... I headed up to the room we shared and open the door walked in, he was snoring happily sprawled out all over the bed. I sat down on the bedside and poked him briefly.

I murmured his name leaning over kissing his forehead, he stirred in his sleep, moving closer to my touch. He sleepily said my name, "Natsu, wake up." I said quietly, gently scratching his hair, "If you continue that, I'll just fall asleep even more Riylore." Natsu's husky sheepish voice alerted me my eyes met with him, he stirs around in the bed snaking his arm around my lower figure cuddling in closer to me.

I sigh, I might as well tell him, I mean he's going to find out either way. "Natsu ... " I began "it's my birthday."

And as if I awoken a sleeping giant Natsu leapt from out of the bed creating a loud boom when he landed on the floor, he quickly turns over to look at me. He looked surprised, his mouth was left open agape. Probably terrified that he didn't know himself, I just giggled.