Chapter 41

Previously . . .

"Who are you really?" I asked out of the blue getting up from seat, lighting up the fire place with the touch of my finger. The fire soon was lit and quickly warmed up the room, I should've done this sooner.. Riylore must've been cold.

"What's up with that question?" She looks at me before losing my gaze to look at the fire, "You look smack like her, your hair is almost identically, it's like I'm seeing Riylore through a mirror. The only difference is, is the age."

"Are you Riylore's mother?"

____________________________________________________________________________

"What?" her voice sounded surprised and confused, she laughed a little bit too.

"Riylore and I may look alike, and don't you worry we noticed this too. But she's not my daughter."

I sigh, "You're right I'm sorry." I ran a hand through my hair sighing again, "And don't you worry about Riylore retuning your feelings. She will soon, she's just.. shy." Reira pats me a few times on the head a little too hard, "I've got two boys and both of them are married, it was difficult for them to determine what was love and what was not. One of them got hurt a lot but he finally found the right one. I see him in you a lot, troubled and unsure." She turns to me setting down a bag, "My advice to you is that don't be afraid and unsure, it'll only cause her pain. You need to trust yourself in her, stop with all your troubles. Trust her with your life." Opening the door to the main room she "You're lucky Dragneel, most Dragon Slayers won't know their mate until spring of the new year. Mating season only happens every ten years, whatever happened you got lucky. A mate is a person almost designed for you, your destinies are intertwined with one another. There is a reason why now, Riylore has come to you. Don't be stupid and let your arrogance get in the way."

"Most likely the dragon slayers that'll come to you in the future will object to your relationship with Riylore and lie how she's their mate." She laughs, "Possibly not a Dragon Slayer, maybe just an ordinary man, just confessing their undying love for Riylore."

With that she closes the door behind her, leaving me with these thoughts.

~MIDNIGHT~

RIYLORE'S POV

I can't sleep! I frustratedly got out from my covers and gasp for air. I can't sleeping knowing that Natsu are sleeping under the same roof..

"Ah this sucks!"

Maybe I'll go for a midnight walk.. I thought to myself swinging my feet over the bed, I then thought for a moment. "Natsu will probably tag along knowing I will be going alone." I was hesitant for a moment until I shook it off. I can be independent! I huffed, slipping on my shoes I decided to just wear my nightgown and put over a heavy coat on top. I won't be out that long, and plus i'm not going far. I do this all the time, it's just now that Natsu's here I'm thinking for myself and him.

He'll probably be mad once I come back saying how dangerous it could've been for me. Then I would have to explain I'm a strong witted girl.

I crept silently out of my bed room checking if the coast was clear, looking both ways. I tip toed downstairs, good they're asleep... Midnight is where I feel most alive, I feel as if it's during this time my spirit is awake too. The sky's awake so I'm awake, I think how that saying went. I decided to go out from the back door from the kitchen. Hopefully Reira-san went to bed as well, opening to the kitchen luckily no one was there. But I noticed that a fire was still lit, earlier when I walked out the door..after Natsu tried to kiss me, I was so flustered, I didn't want him to kiss me! I was losing it, thank GOD Gray came in when he did earlier this afternoon.