Chapter 49

Previously...

He walks all high and mighty but I know deep down that he's just a softie as I am. He wants to protect me and care for me. If we're mates we're going to have to trust one another, he'll lean on me for support and I do the same.

Natsu continues to walk ahead of me, his back facing me.

Natsu just when are you going to have some faith in me? Don't you see? I'm capable.

With all this... I still want to hold his hand.

______________

NORMAL POV

It's been a week after the children's Christmas Party, school ended for the year starting again next year.

Riylore's kept her distance from Natsu, she made sure to stay busy with work. She made sure that she wasn't a burden to anyone. During that time she reconnected with her sister, the two again rebuilt the bond they had. As for reaching out to Muse, that's still a working progress, but someday Riylore wants to know the whole truth.

She's also made good friends with Erza, with the magic power of strawberry (cup)cakes. As for Riylore's friends, they eventually found were they needed to be, "So if they're going to stay here in Cedar for classes, you will too?" Lucy and Riylore were talking together in the main lobby behind the main desk. Riylore was taking a break and Erza as quietly enjoying some new invented strawberry-raspberry tea made by Riylore.

"Yeah, I would figure so, but of course I would help Reira-san with everything here but just maintain my class work and whatnot. Our classes are always ahead of the lower classes so we tend to almost do nothing for a few days until Ms. Farcri has something made up for us." Lucy looks at her little sister confused sitting down her own tea. "Wait lower classes?"

That's right, Lucy doesn't know what type of advance classes I take, Riylore thinks to herself remembering. Answering her sister's question from before the strawberry-blonde nods, "Yes, I take advanced classes."

Lucy sat there with her mouth left agape, "WOAH YOU'RE HOLY SMART."

Ugh... "Lucy sit down." Riylore pleads sighing, "We—well, I didn't know you were in advanced classes!"

NATSU POV

"So tell me Natsu." Gray starts off leaning in on the chair he was sitting in, we were currently sitting outside from the inn, "Do you realize that if Riylore continues to go to the school that she'll have to stay in Cedar? You know they aren't coming back to Magnolia for some time, at least until they fix the school. Which be a very long time considering that the academy was a large school." He continues as I half listen until he mentioned Riylore.

How do I put his? Riylore's been avoiding me for some time, at least for a week and I don't know why. Did I do something? Again? Did I say something?

Ughh I can really just be impulsive to a point where I just don't know what I'm saying or doing. "What did you say, Gray? I wasn't really listening." Sighing I crossed my arms over my chest sitting back in my chair letting the two front feet of the chair hang in the air. The back of my chair rested on the brick wall of the inn.

"Are you serious? Dude, listen to me." Gray scratches the back of his hand "Riylore's not going back to Magnolia."

I jerk my head around facing him, "I know that!" I snarl, "You're not listening! She's student at Magnolia Academy, not only is she's protected by the school, the teachers, the Headmistress and administrators are responsible for every student there. So in this case, if Magnolia Academy relocates to another place she will be forced to go. Unless her caregiver says she can stay with them."