Chapter 24

Riylore eyes if anyone's wondering :), I recolored the manga eyes myself, *^*

Previously . . .
Natsu fixated his eyes on Riylore's sleeping face. He questions

if this will this be the last time he'll see her? He just wants to protect her is that so much to ask for? He's selfish yes, but it's his mate. He has a duty to be with her at all times.

"Riylore's my mate, and I am not leaving her. Not now, not ever." Natsu's had enough of lies, and keeping secrets, he will not let Riylore being his mate a secret, not like how Lucy kept her a secret.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Riylore's your mate? What, that's fuckin' impossible dude. . . Wait, what do you mean by mate?"
Natsu smirks, "How shallow can you be ice brain?"
"A mate for a Dragonslayer is a person destined to be with you since birth, there is nothing that'll tear you apart, not even death." He explains to Gray, "But Riylore's not a Dragonslayer..." shaking his head, "Dragonslayer or not there's something inside your mind that makes you want to be with them, protect them. She doesn't need to be a Dragonslayer, that's just the stereotype that people's made up for Dragon mating season; the truth is that when you see them. Everything in your world changes. Yo can't sleep, you can't eat. You can't do anything without knowing how are they."
"I think you're recalling to something called love Natsul. Not being in a trance for someone you hardly know." Ezra objects, "That's not true, you are bounded by them. And there's nothing for you to do about it. If you truly don't want to be with them, which is highly rare that dragon mates do, you'll have to contract a spell."
Finding your destined one is much different for Dragonslayers than the normal average human in Earthland. By what Natsu meant by contracting a spell he meant sacrificing something, magic, the magic the dragons taught them. Who they are today, a Dragonslayer ever came across his or her destined mate and the don't want to be with them. They would not only give up a once in a life time friend and lover but their magic as well. Not all of it, just half, it's like when your power drains and it'll take a few days, for it to reach back to full strength. But only that only part of the magic never comes back. It's true that Dragonslayers don't need to interactt with other Dragonslayers in order for them to be their match. Look around, do you see any eligible bachelors or bachelorettes? Laxus is a prick so he doesn't have a chance, Gajeel's with Levi. (A/N, yeah.. I went there)

~Later on
Gray, Erza, the passed out Riylore and the queasy Natsu rode to Balsam Village on a magical vehicle. Ezra drove while Gray babysat.The ride the Balsam was long especially longer for Natsu. The Dragonslayer can finally relax now that he knows that Riylore is safe. As for her sister, he asked Happy to watch over Lucy and send help if anything happens. But the state that he left Lucy in, it seemed that she wouldn't move for awhile. Still heartbroken. As for Lucy she has to recognize that Natsu isn't the only man in the world for her. She's going to have to let go and forget, and stop blaming Riylore for everything. Hating something so utterly small couldn't cause anymore selfishness. Lucy's always been selfish when it came to Fairy Tail, she wanted to be the only Heartfilia in Fairy Tail, she wanted to keep her cute kid sister from the world. Now look at what all of that caused.

~At Balsam Village

By the time the team of three arrived at Balsam Erza and Gray went on their way, Natsu stayed back because he needed a rest and the car was a demon. He'll come back in the morning, make sure everything safe her at Balsam Village before leaving his Riylore in capable hands.

Natsu carried the sleeping Riylore up to her room, Natsu just met Ms. Farcri and he told her where to go, still now Natsu doesn't know what to make of Riylore's friends, and teachers. His still cautious about them. Natsu carefully held Riylore bridal style but she's so tiny in his arms it seems more relevant for him to carry her like a baby. Which he did out of curiosity of what it would feel like, Natsu walked down the hall of one of Balsam's various inns. The inn smelled of foods which made his stomach growl. It's like the stomach growl when you're taking an exam and it goes off like a blow horn. Alerting everyone. Including a sleeping Riylore.

The strawberry blonde stirred in his arms, cuddling closer to him, her eyes open up tiredly, they felt so heavy. She tried her best to keep awake but the smell of Natsu's scarf smelt so nice that the aroma made her quietly fall back to sleep.

~FLASHBACK~

RIYLORE'S POV (and NORMAL POV cause my mind went back and forth . _.)

My main reason of jumping out of that train was to get a boy's scarf. A scarf that held sentimental value to him, and my stupid self lost it. The boy told her not to worry about it, its' fine, but when she looked at him she saw a clear speck of sadness. Riylore looks around her setting, now aware of where is she, her near death experience only just few seconds ago, her placid mind saw the arid place and began to feel alone. Then something in the distance behind a rock, the small stripped cloth blew in the wind, quickly, she ran towards the cloth. "Natsu-san's scarf..." holding the scarf close her to she silently wept. The smell of his scarf made me feel at home, so close to him, I could even smell Lucy, even.. even Erza, Gray and Happy! This smell's so nice.. it's so comforting, I could just literally die here, I'm so tired, so tired.. I want to sleep, I want to sleep...

That's when Gray found Riylore after several hours of searching, she was passed out, holding tightly onto Natsu's scarf, she made her not to let go of it.

~FLASHBACK END~

NATSU POV

Opening the door to her room ever so softly and quietly, I looked around, a small room with the essentials, the only thing big in the room was the window, the blinds were shut. But I assumed of if you were to open them it would show the loud village, and it's village lights. I sat her down softly on one of the beds, they were two to be exact. Either it was a couple's sweet, or a room made two friends. Guessing by the desk of rose petals adjacent from the bed, it wasn't a room for friends... Looking back at her, the small amount of sunlight cascaded down to her face, making her face glow so beautifully. One of the perks of seeing your mate, you see them in a different light.. literally, this light was beautiful. So beautiful, I don't know what overwhelmed me but I want her to be with me, I don't care if she's not in Fairy Tail, as long as she's beside me, I'll keep her. I won't abandon her, I won't abandon Lucy either. Riylore's a different story.

I smiled lightly, she found my scarf, that stupid girl.. She must of fell into the Canyon purposely to find my... You idiot! Collapsing into the bed with her I held her tight. mumbling words, "Stupid, don't risk your life for my scarf. Your life is more important than this scarf." I don't know if she heard me or not but I cannot lose her. A part of me would of been gone, vanished, disappeared, dead. Silent, whatever you want to call it.

"I'm sorry." she's finally awake, "I just wanted you to have something, --" "THIS SCARF ISN'T IMPORTANT." I backlashed, "It's just apart of me, if I lost it it wouldn't matter, but losing you.." I gripped onto her tightly, She sat up as I laid down on the bed, "If I lost you I wouldn't know what I know what I would do.."

"Riylore you're my mate, and I'm going to protect you, love you, hold you, so let's start from the beginning." I slowly arose but still held onto her, I looked down at her. I fully noticed her beautiful green eyes, so light, so daring. "I am Natsu Dragneel, Fairy Tail's Fire Dragonslayer. Riylore Heartifilia's mate."

___

Wowowowowoeeeeeeee, you know da drill

2 hearts = update,
and/or
3-4 comments = update,

Alsooo, put down some suggestions what should happen, I already know what magic type I'll make Riylore, but for now that'll stay a secret :3.