Chapter 54

(I did have writer's block and I was sick for a few days, so, I'm sorry for the delay!!)

[PREVIOUSLY ON THE HEARTFILIAS]

Her voice is so strong and eloquent on its own it captured the attention of everyone there. It awoke Lucy, Gray and grabbed the attention of Natsu but... didn't cure is motion sickness.

Though that didn't keep from Natsu catch a glimpse of his lover seeing her from a different light, it made his heart skip a beat. The more and more hours pass the more and more she turned into a woman. His woman.

___________________________

Coming back to Magnolia, it feels different. Normally, I would just go to the Academy and go about my day, if we were back from a field trip. Our dorms. But now, it's odd, I'm coming here to be with my family, I've been finally reunited with Lucy. And this deepening pain inside my heart has somewhat dissolved and the whole has been filled. Not because of Natsu, not because of Lucy either, but it's because I now have a reason to be here, not just because of school. Magnolia was just a place I lived in, now it's a place where I can finally set my own path, have many doors open. Seeing those wonderful smiles, I adore. Then again, is this really what I want? Still, even though I have a reason to be here, do I even belong? Guilty is wavering over my positivity, and the sky's shrouded today by clouds. It looks like it's going to rain, possibly thunderstorm. This town, it's so big, with so many cherished lives, and hearts that beat every day, they live in a world of magic. Something expansive it'll never have a stopping point.

Today, on this cloudy day I remained quiet, even after my small little performance. I wasn't aware of what I was doing, and after, when I was finished. Everyone stared at me like they seen me die and came back to life, I questioned myself if they were in a trance. Then again, maybe they were. Everyone parted to go off and do their own things for a while, I went with Natsu. After him getting over his motion sickness we walked out of the train station, him being protective of me kept me by his side insisting that we hold hands. As he carried my luggage. Before, Lucy insisted that I live with her, but her home is only a one bedroom apartment, where she continue to protest "We're sisters! It's okay to sleep in the same room!" It might be okay but in this case. It's not for me, I've only learned that I am not Layla Heartfilia's child, the letter from Muse I held closely to me. Along with this tome, that'll teach me everything I need to know about Resonance magic. I want to be in an open area as I practice that magic, since being Natsu living on the outskirts of Magnolia that seemed like that best idea.

And I know now, that I am at my best in nature, not that I am a nature child or anything, I can't control the trees or animals. But it's that I am able to harmonize with what's natural, the bustling streets in Magnolia make it difficult to get a certain read on anything that's pure. If I am able to hear correctly with my heart, my magic will grow. I'll listen to the wind and I'll listen to the Earth's pain.

~TIME SKIP, AT NATSU'S HOUSE~

"Huuuh...."

Wow, this place is, "Dirty, I know." Natsu said as if he was reading my thoughts, he walks in from behind me shutting the door Happy flying in too. The house is small and quaint, but enough, though I don't know where I see myself sleeping... and... preparing meals. "Something, the matter Riylore?" Natsu asks looking at me holding of what little luggage I had. I stare at him for a moment or so before smiling it off shaking my head, "This place could use a little tidying, or else I want to be able to make meals." He nods grinning at me, probably at the thought of home cooked meals. He had mentioned before he would always eat at the guild wasting money on food always. (A/N; if anyone doesn't really have an idea what Natsu house looks like you can google it, or look at the Kemo Kemo episodes)