Chapter 56

[Previously on 'The Heartfilias']

HEY RIYLORE WHAT'S FOR DINNER?" Happy bursts through door flying. Natsu and I both leaped from where we were sitting, my face plastered with red I tried my best to hide my blush. We all stood there awkwardly until Happy said. "Oh... Am I interrupting something?~" He teases narrowing his brows giving us a cheeky look.

That moment? Killed.

The days here with Natsu and Happy in this small one-story house, on the outskirts of Magnolia in a wooded area. I barely left the place to go into town Natsu and Happy did all the shopping for me. He wants me to keep me safe still afraid that someone will kidnap me just as the time in Cedar. I don't blame him until I have a better understand my magic, I'll be under his care. Though I don't want to be too dependent on him and I want to do the most I can to help him. Cooking, cleaning, anything he wants me to do for him, same goes for Happy but he's just so simple to please, giving him a fish will make his day. February has passed by so fast, and now we're in the middle of March. It's unbelievable. At the guild things have been slowing down as well, apparently to Natsu, they all been taking fewer jobs and having more time off. Sakura Season is a few weeks away and Magnolia's Blossom-Viewing festival is too, the guild is holding a Hanami Party. So many great things are going about Fairy Tail.

"Hey, Riylore! I'm home!"

Oh, that's right, it's in the afternoon, earlier, Natsu went to the guild earlier this morning to say hello before heading home early for the day, Happy went out shopping for the 'Great Erza' and won't be back until later this evening. "Welcome home! You hungry?" I greeted him, walking over to him taking his scarf from his neck hanging it on the hook on the wall. He beamed at me giving his signature grin, "Yeah sure I could go for some lunch!" He says cheerfully, before asking, "How was your morning?" sitting down on the couch extending his arms on the frame of the back. "It was okay," I replied, thinking that I'd make him a sandwich or two, or three... Or a dozen depending on his appetite. "Well, did you do anything?" He questions I feel his eyes glued to me, I didn't know what to reply other than the same thing I did yesterday. Recently, all I've been doing was nothing. I looked around avoiding the question. I leaned down to grab the fresh baked bread from this morning, I store foods like these under my so-called kitchen 'island' which is really three boxes parallel to each other. He grumbles, and started to get agitated when I ignored his question, he mumbles a few words at me. I sighed, trying to think of a proper answer, "Um, I worked in the garden, did some training, studied the tome some more." I knew this would angry him, but even so, he didn't get so worked up like I thought he would. He sighs at me still looking at me with those sad eyes. Those eyes that seem so much allured me, "Why don't you join the guild?"

Oh, here we go again...

"Natsu why can't you understand? I can't!" He growls standing up pacing over to me in a huff. He leans in looking at me with this obsidian orbs, they looked dangerous for a moment, Natsu's tense and I don't understand why. "Natsu calm down." The fire dragon slayer sighs longingly before staggering away, "I'm calm, sorry." He sits back down on the couch, but I can tell he's still tense as he was. I began to understand that it's not he wants me to join Fairy Tail just to join so we can be together, but he wants me to go out there and do something. Not just sit at home all day lingering, doing the same thing I do. Then what? I'm sort of like his housewife. I cook and I clean, even if he doesn't ask me to do so, I know he appreciates me doing that, and, I like when he comes home with his smile and strong arms wrapping around me. Yes, we're both novices when it comes to love, but as we grow so will our love for one another.

Up until recently, the more I trained, the more in tuned I've become with my magic, with that, I meditate frequently. On a daily basis, in the morning, in the afternoon, at night, whenever I can. Natsu would comment on my arbitrary training. But then, he would somehow slyly try to seduce me complimenting how gorgeous I am, and how beautiful I look in the moonlight or the sunlight. It creeps me out at most times, I'm not the one to receive compliments, I mean, I actually dislike them. It makes me feel weird inside. But one day he did remark that my magic power is going stronger, and it feels it every single time I walk passed him. Also, I don't know what's come over Natsu. At some days he's a completely different person. Seeing him now gobbling down the lunch I prepared for him, and to those days where he acts like my lover, paying so much attention to me, it's suffocating. One of these days, I will be beside him as a wizard and as his mate, as his lover, as his partner in battle. I'll support him and he'll support me.

~THE NEXT MORNING~

I woke up that next morning bitterly depressed with an aching body, sleeping on this couch is never comfortable. This house is really made for one person and a cat... not for me, maybe I should move out. Find a place of my own, with an actual bed, a kitchen, a bathroom and all the essentials a woman— no a human would need. I arose from the couch drawing the sheets from my figure. Natsu was still asleep, snoring away like a happy child, peaceful a blissful dream. His body outstretched across his hammock, his blankets thrown dangling on the end of his feet.

"Oh? Happy isn't back yet?" I thought allowed looking around, standing up stretching I wondered what came up. It did make me worry, but I'm sure he's fine. Walking over to my 'kitchen' I turned on the magic powered stove top, figuring I'd make some porridge for today's breakfast. I stared down at the steaming pot, full of the ingredients I threw into, it began to boil soon the room smelt like sweet rice pudding... I through in some berries Natsu picked on his way back home. It was enough food to fill us both, maybe Natsu more, I don't feel like eating as much as I should be. I feel so blank, I did my morning duties as if I was a robot, Natsu still didn't wake up. I guess he's really tired, whatever he did at the guild must've worn him out. Or he's dreaming something nice...I looked up at the clock, it strikes 9 am. I sighed. I was sure the smell of freshly made breakfast would wake up him, pivoting my head to my disbelief there he was groggily making his way out of his hammock, our eyes meet. Sharp electricity surges down my spine, his bed hair is not cute but hotter than I thought...He didn't wear a shirt, just stripped down to his pants, I blush madly when I began to notice I was staring off into space thinking about how chiseled his abs are... I spun back around as if my daze never happened, "Morning." he says with his half-asleep deep huskily voice, I heard feet approaching then, arms wrapped around my waist, he brings me close hugging onto me tightly. My heart's beating really fast, I only wore a sheer white t-shirt that went down to my knees.

"You smell so nice in the mornings... what's for breakfast? Oh, porridge? ..." His little mutterings I muted in my mind all I could hear was his slow heartbeat, combined with my fast beating one. A shiver went down my spine, and another, at the corner of my eye I noticed, he's actually... he's... He's smiling my hair!?" Surprised I dropped the ladle on the floor, squirming. N-Natsu!" I squealed, his nostrils flare up as he takes another whiff of my scent in, me, trying to break free from his grasp. But the more I tried the more his arms tighten around me, "Stop moving, we're finally alone, and we have in the past, but, now I can no longer hold back."

This, this side of Natsu I always worried, but loved seeing, it's not that he's possessive, but he's passionate. He's not dominate towards me but I worry of the said that'll become when dragon mating season comes around.

The less time we spend together the more drawn to one another we are, we stared passionately into one another eyes, he turned off the stove scooting aside scattered things that were on the kitchen island placing me on top of the kitchen island. He leans in looking into my eyes, they showed this beautiful color of green, dark but alluring. I bit my lower lip. As if he's asking for permission he stares at me waiting.

Spring's just around the corner... here comes the heat, here comes the end. The clock now strikes 10 am.

_________________________
A/N;

Hey everyone sorry for taking a long ass time for updating but I had exams and i had to study llama, and i got terrible writer's block. If we all want to suggest some things in the comment section PLEAASE feel free <3
2-3 comments = new chapter