Chapter 21

It's been sometime since we departed the station, I looked outside my window, retracing of what happened today. What I saw, what I didn't want to see, what I didn't want to hear. Most students were quiet tired, some still looked drowned and sad. Others tried their hardest to somehow cheer up their sorrowed friend. From what I heard a lot of the students blamed themselves for leaving their friends behind, most of them just felt guilty. "There was nothing you could of done! It isn't your fault." Overhearing hushed a voice, from the front of the train. I, Kotoko and Hannah sat at the back of the train, Hannah and Kotoko sat together as for me on the other hand I sat on the seat beside their seat. The picture outside my window was arid, we must be in Clover Canyon not too far Oshibana Station, wasn't that the station we departed from?.. Shaking my head, it hurts too much to even remember. I remember being here with Natsu just a few days ago.. where I lost his scarf. He tired to reassure me by that I didn't really lose his scarf. The scarf itself just floated away, but how can that possibly make me feel any better? It's not as simple as him just losing my glasses, I mean he sat them down and I forgot to pick them up. It's not his fault, it's actually mine. My glasses is something that you can replace, but not his scarf, his scarf has sentimental value. Igneel gave it to him, which made me feel even more worse than before. Why? Oh right I lost something that was given by to only close family member that Natsu has and knows.

Letting his scarf drift from my hands to him the scarf floated softly to what seemed that it will land on his face. It was behind me, wind, it traveled quickly and by the time we knew it the scarf went to la la la land.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!~"
"EEEH."
We both explained.

~END OF BLASHBACK~

"Eh.. I feel so stupid.." I quietly complained to myself, hoping that Kotoko or Hannah didn't overhear.

"Listen up everyone." My ears perked up a little hearing the voice that could be heard over all the silent conversations, small cries, or any other clatters. It was Miss Farcri...! Oh thank goodness, I'm glad to see her alive and well, she doesn't seem to be injured, "As most of you all know we are taking refuge to Balsam Village." Looking at Ms. Farcri she looked worn out too just as the same to the rest of us. "I know all of you are sad and I know that I'm only doing so little. Me, standing here right now doesn't give you any closure for your deceased friends and family. Dozens of lives were lost today." Like we didn't even know already.. "You are all soon to be wizards and wizardesses. You need to be strong, there's no room for soft hearts." It seem the more Miss Farcri spoke the more her echoed boomed in the car, "Look to the person to the right of you, to the left of you, behind and in front." Not many students did what she told but I on the other hand did, I looked to the left before looking back down into my lap, I lost my motivation, "There's no time for depression! Stop wasting your tears, save them for another day!" That's when I eerie sound of a crying girl was heard through the car, Miss Farcri and a few others got up to attend to the girl that broke out into tears. "That's Hitomi, she lost the boy she loved last night.. during the attack." I can't comprehend to lose someone you love like that, I loved my mother but I barely knew her, I was so small when she died. To go through something like this right now. I am beginning to feel inhuman not feeling much of anything. I mean Kotoko, Hannah, Miho and the twins are perfectly fine, I am fine. For all I know my sister's fine. Natsu. Everything just seems fine when everything isn't really, it's just a

It's only been a half a hour or so after Miss Farcri's speech being interrupted, it's fine. I don't really care either way, yes, I feel bad for Hitomi. I do, I wish I could get up and give her a hug and tell her everything will be alright, or, your love will always be in your heart. But it's not the same the person being there! It's never the same, death is hard, hurt is harder, rejection is something I cannot explain. I know too much of it.

Look to the right of you... look to the left of you... look ahead and look behind. Miss Farcri's pondering words surfaced in my mind, I still am wondering of what she meant by this. I did this motion a few times, nothing really clicked. I don't get it what does she mean by it. "So you and Natsu?" A hand was wrapped around my shoulder looking to the side of me I saw Kotoko and her stretched smirk, "You know.. the age difference is sort of passing my mind, although you do look like his little sister." I rolled my eyes.. this again, "Natsu and I aren't anything." Although how much I do wish we were I don't think it will be ever. Setting said the fact that my sister totally hates me now. "Listen Riylore-chan." Kotoko's voice was smooth and tried to sound sedutive.. as for her posture the way she sat — what is that girl doing? Her facial expression looked aloof and not really caring, I could see she was going for the not caring mood. "I know he has the hots for you.--" Raising my hand wanting her to stop, consciously my hand collided with her cheek, she almost fell back, "Hey! What was that for." she whines. "Ugh you're so goddamn annoying. Can you just leave me alone?" I was irritated than ever and I didn't need Kotoko calling me behind my back, I've only known her for a few months and I know that she's going to get on my nerves. "Kotoko leave it alone!" Kotoko throws her arms in the air in defense, "Okay, Okay, I got it, leaving it alone."

Now it's been a few hour things died down between me and Kotoko. I don't regret what I said to her there are sometimes where I have my days and there's a time where I don't want to be bothered with such nonsense, Natsu doesn't like me like that! He's just really friendly to me.. I felt the other side of the seat stiffen, I didn't move, my eyes stay peeled to the window. "Clover Canyon isn't that big, or are we slowing down?" It was Hannah, thank god it wasn't Kotoko... "Yeah I guess, maybe there was accident or they had to stopped." Now that I noticed we weren't moving anymore, what is going on? "Hey, listen Riylore-chan, didn't Natsu give you his scarf?" Hannah whispers in my ear, I nodded in my head. The presence of Hannah being next to me felt like Lucy being next to me, the smell of crisp air and apples, "Yeah, but I lost it." I heard Hannah whine 'Ehhh?~' I don't wanna hear a lecture from her... Hannah's finger poked the side of my arm, I looked at my arm then her. Out to the window. It was true the train was slowly down, we hear the conductor speak; "Passengers, passengers, we inform you that there has been a incident with one of the wheels of the train. Do not be frightened, it is being handled, and things should go more smoothly in a few moments."

I couldn't care any less, my eyes drifted shut closing out Hannahs murmurs as well as the students around me. I lost something very important to Natsu, I feel so horrible..

5 comments = update