Chapter 40

Previously . . .

"No, you take it."

"No it's yours!"

Rubbing my hand up on her cheek I ran it up to the back of her head, "I'll take it back if you come back to Fairy Tail with me." I brought her closer to me. I want her to come back to Fairy Tail, I don't want her to stay a second longer in Cedar. Not only did I come here to take her back to Magnolia but I came back because I was missing a part of me that I yearned for, for too long. Please come back.. I thought to myself pulling her forward towards me, it wasn't until I felt her pulling back, her hand was forcing into me she was in the effort to get out of my grasp.

"No." her head raises and her beautiful green light eyes turned into sharping eyes that almost pierced my vision I flinched at the feeling of almost wanting to look away.

____________________________________________________________________________

NATSU'S POV

"I— I don't understand." I looked at her in utter pain, I'm confused why, she's endured so much pain. "I haven't finished what I started Natsu. I need to do what I need to do. Go back to Magnolia and—"

What!? "NO!" I gripped both of her arms, "Are you insane! I traveled on a train and went through three months without you!" I sighed "If you wish to stay here, or where ever you would like to go. I will come with you."

~TIME SKIP~

I didn't want to argue anymore with her, neither did she. It was said I'll travel wherever she needs to go, no matter for how long. But one day we both will need to return to Fairy Tail. It is my home. It was a little bit into the afternoon, she wanted to go to the market, so we went. Before doing so Gray and I fixed the doors, well I did. I smelt the hinges back together, he just held them in place.

"Natsu..." I looked behind me seeing Riylore carrying her heavy basket, I smirked, "You want me to carry it now?" I asked, she nods, before her pride got in the way and she said "No! I am not weak, I can carry this!" I never doubted her strength, maybe when she was gone. Though it proves now that I should've never doubted her, she is strong, with or without help. I took the basket from her hands, "How much stuff do you need?" I asked chuckling looking at her, it's nice spending time with her. It almost feels like we never left one another, "I need to go to the spice store, I'm out of rosemary!" She skips a little, "Hmm." I arched a brow switching the basket from my left hand to my right, I outreached my left hand towards her looking at her. She looks at my hand before looking at me, a red dusting colors her cheeks, unsure she looks at my hand, "Come on, I can warm your hands up." she forgot her gloves back at the inn, without anymore thought she pairs her hand with mine tightly. I laughed, "You're just too cute." I hummed, her walking slowed down, I was abruptly pulled back a little, I pivoted my head to see her looking down at the ground. She wasn't sad it was more like she was embarrassed, "Stop teasing me Natsu!" She whined, yanking on my hand downward. she looks away and mumbles. "I can't."

"You're just so cute not to!"

~TIME SKIP NIGHT TIME~

Sitting in the main room Riylore was in the back cooking some dinner the inn keeper of this place Reira-san went out to meet with a friend, and it was only Gray and I "How come Happy didn't coming along with you?" I asked leaning down in my chair, awfully bored. "Ah it's cause I went alone without telling anyone. I figure someone would have to lug back your broken heart." I subconsciously twitched my eye brow, "And you are confident in the looks department? Ha! Please no woman would be never interested in you." I looked at him laughing still slouching in my chair, the ice mage leaned forward and stood up. "You wanna go fire queen?" I stood up as well, "Anytime, anywhere ice princ—"