Chapter 45

Previously . . .
But Lucy here isn't all bad, she kept Riylore from Fairy Tail in fear that her fragile health, ever since infancy Riylore's suffered from anemia, which caused Riylore's blood level to drop immensely, the food inside her wouldn't stay put. She would faint at unexpected times, and only till age of ten she had to be monitored closely. In the end, Lucy was just taking care of her sister, like any sister would, a good heart set in the wrong manner. Letting jealousy and greediness subdue her mind.

________________________________

It's been an awkward morning for the record.

Riylore and Natsu kept their distance, there couldn't be a more weird atmosphere in the air. As Riylore worked at her bakery there have been a couple of young men walking into the shop purchasing whatever goodies they wanted, and it's like magic Natsu appears out of nowhere giving the guys a stare down not even daring to flirt with her before he vanishes.

Ninja!

Time passes by and a bored Riylore sat down on the stool that was behind the counter, here she sat between the cash register a display case that had different flavors of muffins. The marble countertop was cold to the touch as her head touched the countertop she flinches cause of the sudden cold. Sighing, her eyes wander the shop, Reira attending to customers, Gray's somewhere, and Natsu just being Natsu..

The smell of rosemary bread tickles her nose, it smells so good.. Riylore thinks to herself.

"Geez Natsu, why you have to be a jerk." She mumbles, what Natsu said to her gotten to her a bit. She tried to pay no mind but yet she is, here she is moping on the job, probably scaring away the customers.. Another sigh drags out from Riylore before she rises up from her seat. But then suddenly, blood rushed to her head causing her to feel light headed, as she tries to recompose herself she loses her balance. She stumbles trying to evade the ground and not trying to bump into things.

Just as her legs were about to finally give in, a force of hands grabs her pulling her in, her body meets with a strong muscular body.

"N—Natsu!" She was startled, she thought he was avoiding her. "Are you alright? You got up to fast... be—be careful next time." He stutters a bit looking down at her, "I didn't mean what I said to you it's just —"

"I know." her small figure embraces with Natsu taking in his scent, "I know, and I know that how much Igneel means to you, you'll find him one day. I believe it." raising her head but this time slower, her eyes meet with his as she reaches up to meet him and he leans down, their lips were about to touch until

"HEY NO P.A." They both look over startled, to their disbelief two of Fairy Tail's member were standing in the doorway. Seeing Gray and Happy?!
(public affection if anyone was wondering)

Clueless as Riylore was she stood there, motionless.

"Happy, buddy what are you doing here?" Natsu laughs letting go of Riylore pushing her away like she was trash, Natsu on the other hand was a happy camper! He chuckles running over to his 'buddy' "Hey Natsu! Been awhile!" The blue cat smiles while hovering over the ground.

Riylore sighs heavily, she shakes it off as if it was nothing though a blush crept on her cheeks, she walks towards the small hallway, now mentioning the hallway it was nothing but like a supply area, boxes of goods, flour, sugar, coffee grounds, the works. The space wasn't small nor it was big, it was just right.

She leads herself into the kitchen opening up the refrigerator, besides the rosemary bread baking, there were cookies, cupcakes, and a few other things in the oven. The reason for the many treats being prepared because of the Christmas party being held at the pre-school just further down the road from Reira's inn and the shop.