8- Old Lover

SPIKE'S POV

It had been about 10 minutes when I thought I better head downstairs and see what all the fuss was about.

'Where's Buffy?' Xander asked 'I called her name like 10 minutes ago'

I froze.

'What do you mean "Where's Buffy?" she came down 10 minute ago, I saw her'

Xander also froze, 'She's not here!'

I panicked and starting running around the house calling her name.

'What's going on?' Giles asked appearing from the kitchen.

'Buffy's gone!' I yelled

'Maybe she just went outside for a bit' Willow suggested

'I have been here the whole time Will and I didn't see her come down the stairs' Xander explained

'Well where would she be?' Tara intervened

'I'll call her' Willow replied trying to calm the atmosphere

I stared into Willow's eyes, who couldn't bear my look and turned away, 'No answer' She told us.

'Alright, we'll split up then, look all over Sunnydale.' I announced, walked out the door and slammed it shut. I could hear Anya asking everyone how could Buffy just have disappeared.

Where would she be? I thought to myself, she definitely didn't leave herself, we would have seen her, she would have told me! My mind raced, my worst fear had come true, my worst fear was her leaving me but this is worse, she was ripped from my life.

I went back home, I don't know why. I checked downstairs and upstairs, but she was not there. I didn't want her to be gone for too long, she's trusting me to protect her and I didn't want to find her days later I wanted to find her now.

A call from Willow informed me that they had searched some shops and there was no sign of her.

The sky was pitch black now, it was only just dark enough before for me to leave the house. I went to the graveyard to take my anger out on some unexpected vampires. After about 15 minutes, I had slayed two vampires, one got a good hit out of me and then I heard a noise. Something had smashed, I turned and looked around only to see that a light was on in my old crypt. Strange I had locked it up years ago.

I went inside, and there she was. Lying on one of the old tombstones, she looked cold, pale and asleep.

'Buffy!' I yelled running to her side, she had a needle in her arm that was draining her blood. I quickly ripped it out and tried to wake her.

'Don't think she's going to wake just yet darling' said a voice from behind, I turned around to face them.

'Oh bollocks Drusilla, what are you doing?!' I snapped at her

'All my family is dead, Darla's dead, Angelus is dead and well you, Spike, you're as good as dead' she sobbed

'We're all dead Dru! We're vampires!'

She smirked at me, 'Do you know how to save a slayer from the brink of death?'

I bite into my arm causing it to bleed, and slowly let the blood drip into Buffy's mouth.

'Ugh gross' she coughs

'Ah yeah you get used to it' I awkwardly smiled

Buffy noticed Drusilla and tried to jump up.

'What are you doing pet come on, lets go'

'Spike it's Drusilla we have to kill her, she's up to something' she pleaded

'Buffy not now, I don't care about her, let's just go where you'll be safe' I replied

I pulled her up and carried her out the crypt and we made our way home.

'Thanks Spike' she smiled at me weakly

'Anything for you my love.'