38- Help doesn't always mean help

SPIKE'S POV

'What the hell just happened?' Willow asked 'I know some watchers are a bit more stuck up than Giles but I didn't expect that!'

'That was crazy' Xander replied 'that man was like a robot'

'Mr. Braxton actually used to be one of the best watchers, everyone who was completing their watcher training looked up to him' Giles told us 'it is strange to think that is the same man'

'Well he certainly wasn't going to stay here' Buffy responded 'but now Jessica is gone and I'm quite worried'

'It's not your fault she left' Xander told her

'I know but you saw the way he reacted about you being a vampire and now he's alone with Jessica, who is a vampire!'

'It was her choice Buffy' Willow replied

'You were all the ones telling me I had to help her, and now you're all saying I should let her die?'

'That's not what we mean Buff' Xander said 'it's just she can take care of herself, especially now she's a vampire'

'You all don't get it though do you?' I replied 'because none of you are vampires, you think now because she's dead and she's strong at fighting she can just take care of herself, but right now she's back with the only person who was there for her before she came here, especially since her parents died. She's weak and vulnerable.'

'Let's go find her' Buffy announced 'come on' she said looking at me

Just as Buffy and I turned to the door Jessica walked back in.

'That was rude!' she spat and stormed up the stairs

'Is this what it's like if I had a sister?' Buffy laughed walking up the stairs to confront Jessica

'I should join them' I told the gang and followed Buffy up the stairs to Jessica room

'I'm sorry' Buffy said to Jessica sitting down beside her on the bed

I stood in the door way not wanting to completely intrude or make her feel uncomfortable.

'He's my watcher' Jessica responded 'he's always been there for me'

'I know, I know' Buffy replied 'he's technically not really your watcher anymore and he seems to hate vampires, so we are just worried'

'I don't think you can trust him Jessica' I said

'He wouldn't hurt me' she announced

'What if he hurt me though?' I questioned 'he really didn't seem to like me'

'I know' she sobbed into her hands

'Did he say exactly why he came down here?' Buffy asked her

'Not really, he said he wanted to help me, I assumed he meant take down Angelus' Jessica explained

'Maybe you should get some rest' Buffy said quietly pulling me out of the room and shutting the door.