21- Watcher downfall

BUFFY'S POV

I lied in bed crying a while, I wonder if that was her worst fear? Being turned into a vampire? It's my worse fear, or it was, I don't know, Spike confuses everything. I should have offered her to stay the night with everyone else, I should have looked out for her, I should have given her some training. I mean what was she thinking, she was too young to fight someone that strong all alone. If only I had been nicer to her maybe she could have trusted me. I picked up the phone on the bedroom dresser and searched through my draws for my address book, it had been a while since I called this number but I guess I should be the one to do it.

'Hello Watcher's council' said a delirious voice

'Um hi it's Buffy Summers' I told them 'I need to speak to Jessica's watcher'

'I'm afraid he can't come to the phone right now' 

'Please it's urgent' I pleaded

'Why? Did Angelus plan work?' said the voice

'Excuse me?' and then the voice clicked 'Drusilla? Are you seriously in England right now? How far does your plan really go?' I snapped

'Oooo don't yell over the phone, makes all the voices in my head go funny. You don't catch on quick. Who do you think was the one who altered the results of the vampire population in Sunnydale?'

'You made it seem like I was dead so they'd call another slayer, because you needed a new slayer for your plan'

'Ruff you got it, good doggy' she said

I hung up the phone and let it fall to the floor. There was a gentle knock at the bedroom door.

'Buff' Spike said 'please let me in love'

'It's unlocked' I told him

He came in and shut the door behind him, he looked worried and sat down on the bed. I sat next to him and he took my hands in his.

'Buffy, Anya has had to go to the hospital, something could be wrong with the baby' he explained to me quietly 

My mind went blank, like everything around me was going blurry, I quickly tried to stand up but found myself off balanced. Spike grabbed my hand and kept me steady.

'It's okay pet, just sit down okay?' 

'Drusilla is in England, I think she's killed everyone in the Watcher's council' I blurted out

'What...? What are you talking about?' he questioned

'I called them to let Jessica's watcher know and she answered the phone Spike! It was her! I spoke to her!' I snapped yelling at him while tears streamed down my face

'It's okay' he told me pulling me into a hug and stroking my hair.