24- Love brings out the good

SPIKE'S POV

'I knew you'd be there' I told her dragging her by the hand along the footpath 

'Let me go' she whined 

'Buffy it wasn't a good idea to go see her' I explained 'she's a new vampire, she confused' I stopped dragging her and looked her in the eyes 'she's vulnerable and scared, and now Drusilla has just told her some life ruining stuff and now she's out for blood, literally'

'I'm sorry' Buffy told me 'I know it was stupid, but I was just lying there in bed and I was worried and I wanted to help her, she could be like you' 

'Let's just go home, get some sleep and tomorrow we'll talk to the gang' I said

Buffy didn't speak for the rest of the walk home, she got into bed with me but I knew she didn't sleep, because I didn't sleep either.

The next day the gang was over, besides Xander and Anya who were still at the hospital. Buffy explained what had happened last night, and they all agreed with me that it was a bad idea.

'We have to help her though' Buffy said

'And we will' Giles told her 

'We need to do it now before she leaves' Buffy explained 

'Well she'll still be here today, okay, so we'll think of something today' I mentioned

'Buffy, I have a crazy idea' Willow said 

'I'm listening' Buffy smiled

'What if we return her soul'

'What?' I asked looking at Willow 'why?'

'Because then she won't be evil'

'Excuse me?' I responded 'you don't need a soul to be good'

'I know Spike, but you had to fall in love with me to be good. We don't have time for her to do that, she was in love with the wrong type and that's why she in this mess' Buffy tried to explain

'This mess?' I replied

'You're focusing on the wrong part of my speech' Buffy mumbled 'focus on the love part'

'Whatever' I told them 'do what you want, but you're forgetting that I am the only one who has been through what she has been through, so maybe I am the only one who can actually help her, but no go ahead and use a magic plan like always' I turned away and went upstairs.

As much as I loved Buffy and as much as I tried to love the gang, it was hard being the only vampire.