40- A wild watcher

SPIKE'S POV

'What should we tell Jessica?' I asked Buffy the next day 'do you think she will want to see him?'

'I don't know' she told me 'it's not like we can kill him, he's human. That we know of!'

I laughed, she was right though Mr Braxton was a human, didn't mean he wasn't a bad person. Jessica climbed down the stairs, gave Buffy a wry smile, she didn't speak though. I was quickly trying to think of conversation topics when the doorbell rang, I thought it was way to early to have the gang over but they didn't really seem to have boundaries.

Buffy opened the door and was shocked to see Mr Braxton standing in front of her.

'Oh good hello Buffy' he said 'I was afraid he would open the door' he continued putting emphasis on the word 'he'

'Well it is daytime' Buffy retorted

'Ah yes of course' he replied 'may I speak with Jessica?'

'Can't it wait until dark?' Buffy questioned it was clear she didn't want him in our house

'No it can't'

'Fine you can wait for her in the living room' Buffy said pointing at the space on her right

Buffy walked back into the kitchen and told her Mr Braxton was waiting for her in the lounge room, Jessica quickly went upstairs to change clothes.

'He's holding the notebook' Buffy whispered to me, I could tell her mind was racing on possibilities and opportunities to steal the notebook. Jessica came back down the stairs and joined Mr Braxton in the living room; Buffy crept closer to the door to listen.

'I brought you some photos' we heard him tell Jessica

'Why would you give these to me?' Jessica replied clearly disgusted by what she was looking at, Buffy gave me a strange look, I couldn't think of anything that could have possibly made Jessica disgusted.

'I thought you should know' he said 'it's the cold, hard truth Jessica. What has happened to you is unfortunate and I am very impressed that you rang me and aren't trying to devour my veins by now'

'I have a soul!' Jessica shouted back urgently

'A soul?' Mr Braxton questioned 'like Angelus once had?'

'Yes exactly like that. I have a Gypsy curse.'

'Most fascinating, were you so evil that someone cursed you?'

'No my friends did it to protect me' Jessica explained 'to give me purpose, a better life!'

'I see' he replied clearly deep in thought 'the vampire who killed your parents was Drusilla; she's been around for a while. She's insane and she also killed the whole watchers council besides me.'

'I know'

'You know?' he snapped back 'You know and you've done nothing?'

'I've been trying to adjust, I plan on killing her'

'Well here is your plan' Mr Braxton shouted throwing the brown leather book at Jessica getting up from the lounge 'I thought I would help you, but I guess you don't want that anymore? I'll be leaving Sunnydale, I'll rebuild the watchers council and make sure your name is no where in any of the paper work!' he said exiting the house and slamming the door shut.