46- Holy Hands

SPIKE'S POV

'Alright, the vampire hunter lures around the edge of Sunnydale, he normally catches the ones who try to flee' I explained to Buffy

'And just how do you know all this?' she asked me raising her eyebrows

'Sometimes I lurk in Willy's bar...' I mumbled back

'Why?' she questioned looking confused

'To stay in the loop'

'Spike' she said noticing the slight change of tone in my voice

'Oh so what?' I replied 'I miss being there, miss being the big bad sometimes' I couldn't help but noticing Buffy was smiling and trying not to laugh, 'What?' I snapped

'Oh honey, you were never really the big bad' she laughed

'Oh is that so?' I said to her 'I could have killed you if I had wanted to'

'Hm really?' she smirked

I pushed up against her towering over her, 'I could have. You get off on the thrill don't you?'

'You should know me by now' Buffy replied staring deeply into my eyes, she gave a small smile 'you helped me save the world once, I never forget that, that deep down vampires care'

I backed away from her, 'well, yeah cause I love ya, so what'

'I love you too', Buffy crept around the tree to see a white van pull up not far from the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign.

'Idea' she yelled

'What is it love?' I asked

'You can distract him!'

'What' I replied

'You're a vampire, he'll be very interested in you, and you can so easily take that guy' she explained

'Fine, just be quick and get the stuff, wait till he opens the back of the van' I told her

We waited around until finally the man got out his car and opened the back, we could just make out the guns and stakes lining the walls, he sat on the edge, waiting.

'How will I know which is which?' Buffy asked me

'It'll be the ones with darts in it love, or even grab some darts depending on your time okay?' I said 'ready?'

'Yeah' she smiled 'you go first'

I didn't walk straight towards the man; I acted if I was just causally leaving Sunnydale in the night.

'Hey' he called out 'excuse me sir?'

'Yeah' I replied slowing stopping but not turning around, the more suspicious I acted the more he would know I was a vampire.

'I have some car trouble' he said to me

'Oh mate I know nothing about cars' I lied 'and I'm just on my way out'

'At night?' he questioned sneaking closer to me

'Yeah, just had a big fight with my girl, it's probably best if I leave in the night' I lied again

'Oh I'm so sorry' he said standing beside me; I just caught the sight of him trying to put his hand on my shoulder when I twisted around and caught his hand in mine. I instantly regretted this action as my hand started to burn, and I felt the familiar burning of Holy Water.

'You soak your hands in Holy Water?' I yelled 'smart'

'Yeah, obviously you're not' he laughed

I lunged forward stamping my foot on his shin causing him to fall in pain, through the burning pain in my hand I twisted his arm behind his back, however, the burning in my hand got too much and I had to let go yelling out in pain. I noticed Buffy in the back of the van and wished she'd' hurry up and give the signal.

'You're a tough one hey' he whispered to himself standing back up and pulling a stake from his back pocket

'No fair, I didn't know we could bring weapons' I told him

He lunged forward at me with the stake but I grabbed it still in his hand and pushed it forward so the tip faced the sky, lifting my right leg I kicked him in the chest pushing him backwards onto the ground. I could finally see Buffy jump out of the van and felt relief, not paying attention the vampire hunter charged forward and staked me in the shoulder above my heart, I shouted out in pain.

'Get the hell away from my boyfriend!' I heard Buffy yell, then the sound of a gun being shot and a body slumping to the ground.