52- The talk

SPIKE'S POV

The tension in the room was unbelievable.

I could feel Giles growing angrier and more unsettled; I noticed he kept glancing towards the door. This seemed so unlike Giles, maybe he was getting too old for this game, growing into a grumpy old man surrounded by people so much younger, people he thought seemed too entitled. What he didn't realise was that everyone was trying to help everyone, that everyone here considered everyone in this room to be family. That everyone in this room respected Giles, but lately he was just acting childish.

The gang finally left and once again Jessica headed upstairs without saying anything to us.

'I think I should talk to her, it must be weird' I told Buffy

'Yeah that's a good idea' she smiled

'Also do you think maybe, Giles is getting too old for this type of stuff?'

'Too old?' Buffy replied looking puzzled

'He seems grumpy all the time and he's acting childish about things, I mean he is the grown up, the oldest out of, well you guys because I most certainly am the oldest' I laughed

Buffy laughed too 'I mean you're technically in your 20's for eternity so'

'Very true, but I don't know I think something is going on with him, maybe you should talk to him and definitely sort things out'

'I will yeah, thanks darling' Buffy replied kissing me on the cheek.

I headed upstairs to Jessica's room, I understand she's a moody teen and will be for the rest of her life but it felt like she hated Buffy and I, and she was definitely acting weird with me, I understand me drinking from her was weird but she needs to understand why.

'Jessica' I called out knocking slightly on her door

'Yes?' she replied opening her door slightly and sticking her head out 'do you need something?'

'I want to talk'

'Okay' she said stepping out of her room

She was acting strange, why couldn't I go inside her room?

'I just wanted to say thank you for letting me drink your blood, I understand it can be really weird drinking another vampires blood, that is why Buffy and I are so grateful'

'Buffy hasn't thanked me' she responded

'Oh I mean on behalf of Buffy and I, it was my life' I explained

'Well, of course anything for you'

I smiled at her and headed back downstairs to tell Buffy about the weird encounter.

'She wouldn't let you in her room?' Buffy questioned

'Yeah, like she was trying to hide something'

'I will send her out with you tonight to do some patrolling and I will have a snoop' Buffy said

Jessica and I left soon after nightfall, we bagged some good vampires and managed to stake some new ones just as they were climbing out their fresh graves.

'Thanks for taking me, I really need a bit more practise' Jessica said to me

'Yeah, all good, Buffy just thought we should get some practise in before we take down Angelus' I replied

'So it was Buffy's idea for us to hang out?' she questioned

'Yeah...' I said

'A bit dangerous' she giggled

'Ah why?' I asked feeling a bit awkward

'I just mean, she must really trust you, to leave you alone with another girl' Jessica smirked

'Yes, Buffy does trust me, I'm her boyfriend, that she loves and I love her, we are committed' I told her sternly

'I'm in love with you' Jessica spat out 'I mean I'm pretty sure I am, and it makes sense, we are both vampires'

'Jessica no, I'm with Buffy and I'm a lot older than you'

'Whatever' Jessica snapped and walked off, I called after her but she wouldn't turn around.