49- A helping neck

BUFFY'S POV

'Spike' I said going over to comfort him on the lounge 'what else are we going to do?'

'Can I speak to Buffy alone for a minute please?' Spike replied addressing the room, Willow and Giles slowly cleared the room leaving Spike and I alone on the lounge, he looked so sick.

'Please let me help' I told him 'you either drink from Jessica or me'

'Neither' Spike answered 'I love you too much to ever to that to you, I would feel like I was violating you, it's wrong'

'It's intimate' I said looking him in the eyes 'and it's scary, but it's with you and I feel safe with you, and I would do it without a doubt to save your life'

'That's sweet love, but I can't do that to you' he sighed

'Fine, then you can drink Jessica's blood' I said with a slight tone 'what else am I meant to do? Just sit here and let you die, you know I can't do that Spike!'

'Okay' was the only word Spike said

'I'll talk to Jessica okay, I'm sure she'll say yes'

'No way' Jessica spat

'Why not?' I questioned

'That's weird' she replied

'But you're already dead, you won't die, it'll be quick and mean nothing' I tried to explain

'Like I said Buffy, it's weird'

'And? Spike is literally down stairs dying, I don't care that you find it weird! That is such a weak excuse' I snapped storming out of the room

'Fine, Buffy, wait' Jessica yelled after me while I was just reaching the first step of the stairs

I turned to look at her, 'thank you so much, I hope this works'

Jessica and I made our way down the stairs; Spike was still lying motionlessly on the lounge, while Willow and Giles awkwardly sat on the other seats.

'Alright lets get this over with' Jessica said heading towards Spike and sitting next to him

Spike slowly sat up, he looked worried and scared, emotions I hardly saw on him, he was normally so confident and brave. I slowly watched his face transform, something I rarely saw these days unless we were having meals, but even then he hid it. He gently bit down onto Jessica's neck, I turned away, I couldn't look.