39- The Hunt

BUFFY'S POV

'We should go look for him' I told Spike outside Jessica's room

'And do what?' he asked

'I don't know watch him? See what he's up too'

'What, do we expect to find him somewhere sharpening stakes' Spike laughed

Spike and I walked downstairs to inform the gang on what we were doing, they all agreed that Mr Braxton could not be trusted. Willow, Tara and Giles also volunteered to search for him throughout town, whereas Xander and Anya went home to rest. I could tell by Xander's face that he was so upset to be missing out on all of the action again but Anya and her baby were way more important, not to mention I don't want him to get hurt.

Spike and I decided to check out the hotel where Jessica had been staying before she moved in with us. It seemed logical that Jessica would have taken him there. Giles, Tara and Willow decided to check the other hotel on the other side of town just in case, plus we weren't going to confront Mr Braxton or anything, just simply suss him out a little.

I was correct and Mr Braxton was indeed in the same hotel Jessica had been living. He was sitting at the same table in the room writing something down in a brown leather book, he had more books sprawled out on the table filled with words and diagrams. It looked intense and he looked deep in thought, we couldn't see much from the window, he hadn't unpacked his bags. Two bags laid perfectly next to each other on the bed, they were probably even packed perfectly inside with everything folded.

We staked out in front of his hotel room for around an hour and Mr Braxton had not moved once, he sat there furiously scribbling away in his notebook. We finally decided to give up and go home, but my mind kept drifting back to that notebook, obviously it was important. Was it about Jessica? Was it about vampires? Was it simply just watcher gibberish?

Giles, Tara and Willow were back at the house when we arrived home and we informed them on what we had seen. Giles said that it didn't seem suspicious and he could probably sit down and read and write for hours. Spike tried to convince me that it was more than likely just watcher gibberish in the notebook, but I couldn't help but think that it wasn't. He had seemed so intense and determined, nothing like the robot we met at our house.