47- Stake

BUFFY'S POV

'Oh my gosh Spike are you alright?' I asked going over to examine the stake in Spike's shoulder

'I'm fine love' he replied pulling it out in pain 'lucky for me he has terrible aim'

'I'm so sorry I shouldn't have brought you into the plan' I told him

'No, it's not your fault, I got distracted that's all, and I totally had him' he gently lowered himself to the ground to help ease some of the pain 'I think there is still some wood in there'

'Oh sweetie let me look' I said bending down over Spike to look into the wound on his shoulder, 'I can't see anything, it looks really red though'

'Because I got staked!' he yelled

'Shh, I'm sorry, let's get you home'

'Wait, what did you do to that guy?'

'I shot him with the Holy Water dart gun, he'll wake up, just knocked him out from the impact, come on.'

We finally managed to get home and I propped Spike up on the lounge, he was still in pain and the wound still looked open, vampires were like slayers, they are quick healers but he wasn't healing. I put down the dart guns in the lounge and squatted down in front of him.

'Can I get you anything?' I asked softly

'Maybe some blood, it might speed up the healing process' he whispered

'Okay baby, sure' I replied getting up and heading to the kitchen. I pulled a blood bag out of the fridge and tipped the contents into his favourite mug, then put it into the microwave. While the cup was spinning around Jessica came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

'Is Spike alright?' she asked me seemingly genuinely concerned

'He got staked, that's all' I replied quietly

'Buffy, I'm sorry for how I acted'

'It's fine Jessica' I said

'No, Buffy I really am'

'I said its fine Jessica! I don't have time right now to argue about some stupid, petty thing that was said. Spike is hurt okay, that is all I care about right now' I yelled

'I understand' she whispered leaving the room.

I took Spike his cup of blood and sat with him on the lounge while he drank it, the wound still looked open and red and I was starting to worry.

'I'm going to call Giles' I said

'Are you sure?' he replied

'I'm worried, I think the stake may have been laced with something, you're not healing and still in pain'

'But we went behind his back' he said

'I know but he will just have to get over that' I told him.