34- Secret Mission

SPIKE'S POV

I couldn't believe Buffy wouldn't admit that maybe someone is snitching again. Last time we went moths without knowing Angelus was controlling Willow, I mean does Buffy even care that technically Willow tried to have me killed? She ripped the last page out of that important book about The Ring of Amara and then gave me a knock off of the ring that nearly caused me to burst into flames. I knew Buffy didn't want to look like she didn't trust her friends and she wanted to believe the good in all of them. I'm sure if Angelus wanted to he could easily control any one of the gang.

Buffy finally went to bed and I told her I'd be up soon. After some time I snuck up to check on her and she was fast asleep, I felt bad for what I was about to do but I quietly went downstairs and snuck out of the house.

Spying on people came naturally to some vampires, I'd been doing it long enough that I could do it without being noticed. I first went and checked on Willow and Tara, since last time Willow was being controlled Tara couldn't really tell. They were both at Giles' house in the lounge room reading books, nothing suspicious about that, Giles wasn't home though.

I then went to the hospital, thinking maybe that because Anya was weak right now it'd be easy to control her, and Xander was upset and on edge, easy to manipulate. They were both asleep, Anya in the hospital bed and Xander on the chair beside it, hand in hand.

I looked around town wondering where Giles could be; he hadn't been back in Sunnydale for a while so I assumed he'd always be home. Then it hit me what if it was Buffy, could Angelus easily control Buffy like she was some puppet? No, surely not I live with her; I'm always with her I'd know.

I found Giles outside the magic shop he used to own, I knew selling it was one of the hardest things he had to do. I went and stood beside him staring at the shop, now with a fresh new colour of paint on it and someone else's name above the name Magic Box.

'Lovely young lady who bought it off me' Giles told me as we stood there together

'I'm sure the shop is doing great' I replied

'What are you doing out so late?' he asked me

'Well I'm a vampire for starters, but I could ask you the same question'

'Just reminiscing'

'Well I need your help with something' I said nervously

'Yes?'

'I think maybe someone is being controlled by Angelus again, I need help with a spell to uncover it'

'That's a good thought, come with me' 

Giles took me to a warehouse I had never been to before, he explained that he bought this for his books and storage. He led me out the back to a small room and told me this is where he kept his extra special magic supplies. I walked in first and without realising Giles didn't follow me in, instead shut and locked the door before me.

'Hey!' I yelled out 'what do you think you're doing?'

There was no reply, I fumbled against the wall but as I touched it my hands burned, the same way they burned when I touched a crucifix or holy water. I managed to finally find the light switch that happened to be dangling in the middle of the room; I let out a small gasp when I saw the walls were covered in foam sheets that must have been soaked in holy water.

I knew Giles didn't love me but I never thought he'd capture and probably torture me. I especially didn't think he'd ever do anything to hurt Buffy, and I knew she'd be very upset once she found out.