33- A soul can't always stay

BUFFY'S POV

The rest of the gang arrived later so we could all talk to Jessica.

'I've been meaning to ask something' Jessica said 'did that crazy vampire kill all the watchers?'

'Yeah I'm pretty sure she did' I told her 'I rang up to tell your watcher and she answered the phone, it's safe to assume she killed them all'

'I'm going to try and ring him anyway if you don't mind'

'Of course, go ahead' I said knowing that no one would answer the phone

Jessica came back a few moments later; 'he's alive' she told us 'he wasn't at the council building that day because, well, he was at my parents funeral'

'Oh we're so sorry' Willow said

'It's okay' she smiled 'I told him I was a vampire, he didn't freak out as much as I thought, he's going to come here'

'Oh is that a good idea?' I asked her 'from experience watchers are very anti vampires, I mean they were raised that way'

'Yeah it'll be fine' she told us 'there's one other thing I want to discus'

'Yes the soul' Giles said finally relieved we were getting to the main point of the meeting

'No, about me killing Drusilla'

I quickly glanced at Spike and noticed that everyone else had looked at him too; I was surprised to see his facial expression hadn't changed.

'How do you plan on doing that?' he asked her cautiously

'I don't know exactly, probably try and set a trap for her' Jessica explained

'She's not dumb' Spike responded

'Are you sticking up for her?' Willow asked

'Willow!' I snapped

'I'm not' Spike said 'I'm just saying if Jessica wants to kill her, go ahead, but you need to be smart about it. Yes, Drusilla is a little bit crazy but that doesn't make her dumb'

'Will you help me?' Jessica asked

'I'll try' he replied

'Okay back to the matter at hand' Giles announced

'Yes my soul' Jessica said 'Buffy told me about the one second of true happiness, so once I figured that out I can stay away from it'

'It's not that simple' Giles said 'Angel's true second of happiness was with Buffy yes, but once they broke up and they stopped loving each other it would have changed for him. It wasn't just intimacy, I'm sure there were other things that could have taken Angel's soul'

'Oh' Jessica replied 'that sort of makes me sad, that I'll never be happy again'

'I mean you can be happy, just not truly happy' I told her

'That doesn't make things better' she responded

'Look, we're sorry. We didn't want this to happen and I wanted to fix it. I thought maybe giving you a soul would give you a purpose, and a feeling of vengeance and it has. We wanted you to want revenge on Angelus for doing this to you, so you'd help us take him down'

'So you don't think Drusilla needs to pay?' she asked me carefully studying my face

'No, of course I do, what she did to your parents was wrong but Angelus killed you'

'You're right' she said 'he did and he definitely needs to pay for that'

'Alright, good' I replied looking around the room 'we just need a plan that will destroy him for good, so he can't return!'

'I'm sure there is a spell we could do' Willow suggested 'we should have put a spell on where his ashes were buried last time so no one could take them'

'That's a good idea, I'm sure I have some books on that at home' Giles said.

After some more discussion they finally left to begin research, Jessica stayed with us and Spike said he'd try and teach her more about being a vampire. I headed upstairs to take a shower before bed, I was facing the mirror when I heard a noise behind me, there was nothing in the mirror but when I turned around Spike was behind me.

'Should have known' I told him

'I was thinking' he said 'about what Willow said before'

'About what?' I asked

'About putting a magical spell on the ashes' he replied

'Yeah we should have done that'

'Remember our conversation with Giles though a few weeks ago when he came back, he asked about the ashes. We told him they were safe and we were the only ones who knew where they were, but somehow Drusilla found them?'

'What are you saying?'

'I'm saying how did Drusilla find them?'

'You think we have a snitch?' I asked slightly taken back

'Maybe the snitch doesn't know, or maybe the snitch has accidentally been a snitch before'

'Are you talking about when Angelus controlled Willow last time?'

'Yeah' he said 'what if he's using her again? Or someone else?'

'Drusilla probably saw us go to the cemetery' I told him coolly

'You don't want to believe it could be true do you?' he asked me looking into my eyes

'No'

'Alright then' he replied leaving the bathroom.