14- Black Holes

SPIKE'S POV

'I think we should research that spell that Drusilla did better, and find out her magic source' Willow informed the gang but she was only looking at Tara.

'I think I have some more books on it at home' Giles told them 'let's go'

Willow, Tara and Giles left to go to his house while Anya and Xander said they needed some air and went out.

'Leaves us alone' I told Buffy 'what ever shall we do?'

'I know what you're thinking' she smirked 'but no'

'Why not?' I pouted

'This is serious' Buffy replied looking around the kitchen 'where's the radio?'

I walked over to the high cupboard that Buffy couldn't reach and pulled out the radio. I gave it to her and she gave me a peculiar look.

'Did you hide it up there?' She asked

'What... No Buffy' I laughed. I did hide it up there she'd play this awful boppy music while cleaning the dishes and it drove me insane. 'Why do you need it?'

'For the news, since our TV is gone, I'm seeing if anyone else is experiencing black holes'

'Very smart' I told her getting blood from the fridge. She took forever to tune the radio, my ears were nearly bleeding from all the static crackling that was occurring.

'Finally' she sighed

Two black holes have appeared in town swallowing a park bench and a flag pole along with another black hole sucking in someone's car, fortunately no one was inside.

'Okay so we're not the only ones' Buffy said 'I should tell Giles'

'I'm sure Giles can figure it out Pet, we're not much use at the research anyway and what more can we do?' I asked

'But Spike, I'm worried' she frowned

'But I have you' I told her

'I don't want to face Angelus again, I feel like I can't kill Drusilla without it coming across as petty because she's your ex and I wish Jessica would leave I don't need a child following me around and causing problems' she explained

'It's going to be okay Buffy, the others will help' I told her bringing her into a tight hug.

There was a knock at the door half an hour later, I presumed it was part of the gang, I called Buffy's name and heard her go and answer the door. The next minute Buffy walked into the kitchen with Jessica following her. I didn't say anything, I only gave Buffy a look.

'Jessica, this is Spike' Buffy calmly explained

She didn't reply.

'Yes, I'm a vampire' I smirked

'I know' she replied 'just don't understand why you would do this Buffy, you're the greatest slayer there is, and you sleep with a vampire. Why?' 

'There's lots of reasons' Buffy said blankly 

'Once you have sex with a vampire love you'll figure it out' I told her

'Spike!' Buffy snapped trying to contain her laughter 'don't say things like that' 

Jessica looked at me, 'Do you have a plan? Why would you love a slayer?'

'A plan for what?' I asked feeling very confused

'I don't know, is this your plan, get the slayer in bed and kill her? Brag to all your vampire friends'

'Whoa, I think you're way out of line Jessica' Buffy snapped 'I've let you into my house, to help you and this is how you treat my boyfriend' 

'Yes, your boyfriend who is a vampire!' Jessica shouted back

'You know what, yeah being the slayer means killing vampires and demons, but it also means protecting people, good people. My friend's a witch, you don't want to kill her do you? Witches can be bad, but they can be good just like vampires' Buffy told Jessica 

'Vampire's can't be good, I'm sorry' she replied

'Haven't you ever heard of Angel?' I asked her 'he's good, he was a good vampire, he helped people, he saved people, he helped Buffy! The slayer!' 

'He was under a curse to live with a soul, it does not count'

'Honestly, the only soulless thing in this room right now, is you Jessica' I spat leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs. 

After some time lately Buffy came and found me in our room.

'She's gone' She told me coming and sitting next to me on the edge of our bed 'I'm so sorry'

'Don't be Pet, you did nothing wrong. You actually defended me' I replied

'Of course I did Spike, I believe people, even vampires can be good on their own accord. I sort of get where she is coming from though, she's stuck in the newbie slayer mindset where vampires are the most evilest thing in the world.'

'I can't help that I love you' I told her

'Feelings mutual' she laughed

'What did you tell her after I left?'

'Well, I told her it was her job to help us defeat Angelus and that it's now her job to patrol at night. I felt a bit mean actually, but I was angry' 

'Are you still going to ring the council?' I asked her

'Yeah, later. The gang called they're coming around soon' she explained.