35- Oh my love

BUFFY'S POV

I woke up around 8 am and the bed felt cold, but not the usual cold that was the feeling of Spike. I opened my eyes and was shocked to see he wasn't lying next to me; I called out his name and got no reply. I got up and grabbed one of his shirts off the dresser and pulled it over my head letting it fall to my knees. I continued to call his name while I went down the stairs; maybe he was making me breakfast?

'Buffy?' Jessica asked 'are you calling out?' she appeared out of the spare bedroom

'Oh hi, have you seen Spike?' I asked her

'Not since I went to bed' she replied

Spike wasn't anywhere in the house, that made me extremely worried as it was day light outside, so where could he be?

'I have to go' I told Jessica

'You should put some pants on'

I walked back upstairs to find some jeans when I noticed Spike's jacket was gone, he never went anywhere without it. That means that he left on his own accord, why would he do that to me?

I pulled on some blue jeans and shoes deciding to leave his shirt on. I ran down the stairs and out of the house making my way to Giles'.

I banged on the door and stood around waiting until finally Willow opened the door.

'Have you seen Spike?' I frantically asked

'What? No? Why?' she replied

I stormed past her into the house and found Giles sleepily climbing down the stairs.

'What's all this noise about?' he questioned

'Spike's gone' I told him 'have you seen him?'

'No of course I haven't. Why would I?'

'I'm not sure, it looks like Spike left, he wouldn't do that to me' I told them angrily 'Spike wouldn't leave me because he loves me'

'Maybe he went to kill Drusilla?' Willow suggested

'You think he would do that?'

'Maybe'

'Probably since you're the one who put the crazy idea in his head that I wanted her dead' I snapped

'Buffy I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that' Willow started to argue back but I had already made my way to the door and slammed it shut behind me.

I made my way into town and tried to think of somewhere he might be hiding, maybe he did go out and had to hide before the sun came up? I realised Willy's bar was close to where I was and headed down the steps. Even this early in the morning there were demons drinking, most who saw me quickly got up and left out the back door or down into the sewer tunnels. I took a seat at the bar and Willy quietly made his way over.

'You're really bad for business you know?' he said

'Sorry' I mumbled

'What's up?' he questioned studying my face 'you look sad'

'I don't know where Spike is' I told him

'Haven't seen him. Need a drink?'

'More like 10' I laughed

'Ya know I have this blood from a demon and apparently it's like taking 5 shots at once' Willy explained

'Ugh no thanks'

'You look real sad Slayer, it's kind of making me feel bad'

'I just want to find Spike and then kill Angelus' I told him