55- Till the day I die

BUFFY'S POV

I understand I overreacted with finding out about Jessica's crush on Spike, I don't know why I acted the way I did. I felt bad but it's too late to change how I reacted, so now I have to find Jessica, explain some things and hopefully she agrees to continue to be apart of the plan.

I finally found Jessica at the other far side of the graveyard; she was sitting up against a tombstone staring out into nothing.

'Hey' I said quietly, she quickly whipped her head around saw me and said nothing back. I went over to her and sat near her, 'can you just talk to me, please?'

'There's nothing to say' she replied not looking me in the eye

'Spike's a hunk, I get it' I laughed trying to release the tension in the air, 'but he's mine'

'You're a human' she whispered 'what's the point?'

I sighed deeply 'I get it okay? I am a human and I will die before Spike; and I'll never have kids with him or go outside in the daytime with him, but love is love. I have this deep, strong feeling for Spike, he's amazing and all that other stuff isn't worth it and doesn't matter when I'm with him'

'That's beautiful, would you become a vampire for him?' she asked

'I can't' I replied 'I'm the slayer, plus Spike is rare, he's a good vampire without a soul, his love for me made him a good vampire. There's no saying what would happen to me if I was turned, would I still want to be with Spike or would I just be evil'

'Wouldn't you risk it for love though?'

'I haven't thought about it, I'm just appreciating all the time I spend with Spike' I smiled 'can we put this behind us and continue with our plan?'

'Okay, I'll stay somewhere else though' Jessica said

'I think that's a good idea, thanks' I told her getting up to leave.

I returned home to find Spike sitting on the lounge reading Mr Braxton's journal, he looked up at me with a worried face, 'you staked her didn't you?' he asked

'No' I laughed heading to the kitchen to make some coffee, I could hear the thudding on the floor of Spike following me

'So what happened?' he questioned trying to study my face

'Not much' I lied 'she's going to stay somewhere else tonight but still help with the plan'

'That's good' Spike replied looking more relaxed; 'I sort of thought you'd stake her'

'You made that obvious' I told him 'I'm fine though seriously'

'You seem sad, are you sure nothing happened?'

Spike could see straight through me, he always could, he wasn't like a normal boy when you said you were fine and he believed you and left you alone, Spike could sense when things were wrong and wouldn't stop until he got the truth.

'Jessica and I had a deep conversation about love that's all, it was hard'

'You realised you don't love me anymore?' Spike said pouting and pretending to be sad

'Never' I answered looking him in the eyes and taking his head in my hands 'I'll love you until the day I die' I leant forward pressing my lips against his, still getting the same rush since the first time I kissed him years ago.