Chapter 30

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

This kid is driving me insane.
"Dakota. Come here, babygirl."
No listening. Just running back and forth across the living room.
"She's your damn daughter. Has your fucking energy."
"My energy goes well used, don't you think?"
Even though she's speaking through my minds, I'm still in blushes.
"Dakota, come to momma." I open my arms for her.
She turns to me and starts walking to me. She begins repeating 'momma' on a loop. Like every day that Valerie is working.
"When do you come home?"
"Soon. Training second batch of army. They seem more hopeless than the first batch. But some must defend the castle, guard the spirit prisons and make sure the hounds are well kept in cages."
"Sounds better than being barfed on. You're doing laundry."
"Ew."
"You're. Doing. Laundry."
"Of course, Milady."
I pick up Dakota and start heading upstairs. "How about you take a nap with momma?"
Her eyes glow and it's beautiful. The pieces of blue and red that rest in her purple eyes make me so mesmerized.
I lay her in the middle of the bed, surround her with a fort of pillows. Misty is up and protecting her instantly.
"Off to sleep?" She says to me as she allows Dakota to hold her tail.
"Just for a little while. It's been a long day and Valerie is stuck in a training session with the second army."
"Have you though of a name for her breed?" Misty rests her head on the pillow, watching me but also Dakota.
"Not yet. It's difficult. I hate that we have to label things. But according to the Elder she needs a name for her species. Needs to be put in heavens record or something like that."
"Like they're waiting for the name in hell."
Her words make me cringe. I never want to think about hell and my loves. I hate the fact that Valerie has no choice now because what's done is done but still.
I nod to Misty.
"Rest, master. I'll protect her."
"You always do, Misty."
"I will protect anything that is given to me by you. I'm going to be the family guardian. Move aside, Valerie."
Her words cause me to laugh. I scratch behind her ear and gain a purr. As I fall asleep, I don't realise that Dakota is now holding my hand and not Misty's tail. I don't see it until I go through purgatory to go to sleep.
I sleep to this. Nothing is better. Though I miss when she couldn't fucking run.

Warm arms wake me. Warm arm wrap around me. Home.
"I'm sorry I'm late." She whispers lightly to make sure the rest stay asleep.
"As long as you come home, I don't mind."
She lightly squeezes me. "Nothing could stop me from holding you, my love. I'll fight til death to just be with you."
"Same." I feel myself slipping..
"Rest, baby."
"Will you stay?"
"Wouldn't go anywhere else unless she wakes and needs my attention. Don't worry, I'm here. We can rest."
"Nn."
"Falling asleep to my voice?"
"Nn.."
"I love you."
I'm too far gone. All of her presence brought me so much peace, I gave in. I fall out of the world and into sleep.

I don't mean to. And I feel so terrible but it's become a regular morning thing. Like morningwood except it's painful.
I quickly kiss her pain away. Barely any energy drained. I've been doing pretty good in controlling power now. Thanks to her.
"Why, Nin, why?"
"Not my fault."
"Yes. Yes it is."
"Just change back before you sleep. It wouldn't hurt as much."
"Can't. For the most part, I'm still aroused, which won't allow me if the sexual tension is too high."
"That makes no sense but okay."
"Besides, do you really want that?"
"N..No."
I have no problem with Valerie as female sex. It gives me more to taste, honestly. But I enjoy male because it's something we both feel rather than a one at a time sort of thing.
"Exactly."
Dakota begins to cry. "Food." Valerie and I both say.
"You change, I'll be in the kitchen and ready a bottle?"
"But I don't wanna change. Plus I could like cook while making hers. Multitask thing."
"I don't want to deal with the shiz."
"Shiz."
I push her out of bed. She sighs heavily.
"Why?"
"Cause you're warm. And if you wouldn't get up, neither would I."
I get up and take Dakota with me. I turn to Valerie, who still is on the floor.
"Mommymommy.."Dakota says and starts laughing.
Valerie throws her head back to the floor and groans. I laugh to it, which makes Dakota laugh more.
"I liked it when she was more quiet. Now she laughs at me."
"That was months ago and now you're saying something?"
"But she's laughing at meeee."
An image given by Dakota comes to mind. One of this moment. Of Valerie on the floor.
I walk out of the room before I start laughing again.
"Mommamomma."
"Let me change you and then you can eat."
"Mommamomma."
"Change. Then food."
She pouts. A fake pout. I want to laugh to it but I have to try and be serious.
I finish changing her without a problem. You'd think with all the smell of death Valerie and I have been through we wouldn't be bothered by a poopy diaper. That would be false. Nothing prepares you for a dirty diaper.
Downstairs Valerie is cooking. Even has a plate for Dakota. We try the off and on with Babyfood and our food. It's just depending on if she wants it or not.
"I really don't want to go today."
"Then stay home. Be with me. Be with our babygirl."
"So tempting. But it's not much of a choice. At least I don't get called out while we're doing things."
"Which you stop time for, so how could they?"
"Yeah. I know. It's just I want to be home. Cuddle with you. Cuddle with her."
"Mommymommy." She starts clapping her hands together and looking at Valerie.
"Logical question. What if one day she started calling you dad?"
"There are no logics in that, Ninfa. I have ... but still go by girl. Technically I am her father."
"We don't make sense."
"When have we ever?"
She leans in and kisses my cheek. "I'll be back soon, love."
Turning to Dakota in her highchair, she kisses her forehead.
"Mommymommy."
"Mommy will be back soon, babygirl. I promise."
I sigh. "I want a real kiss."
"Kiss on cheek is not real? Shame, I thought it was."
"I mean, it is. But not the one I want right now."
She leans down and lifts my chin to her. Her lips soft against mine and leave me smiling by the end of it.
"Better?"
"Yes. Always better."
She takes her leave. I feel instantly saddened by it but that's normal. I look over to Dakota and she yawns.
"Tired?"
"Momma." Her hands raise for me to pick her up.
I set our places down on the floor for Misty to finish the rest and clean. Easier. Picking up Dakota and heading into the living room. Almost instantly when I lay her in the crib, she falls asleep.
"I love you, babygirl."
Misty curls up by the crib and I climb and lay on the couch. Watching my best friend protect Valerie and I's babygirl. I never saw this happening to me but yet I love it all, I'm happy that she accepts this family now and loves Valerie for who she is.
I begin to fall asleep. Last thing I see, which makes me smile, is the cuteness of Dakota sucking her thumb as she sleeps. My babygirl, our babygirl.

Weight of Valerie lays against my back and it feels good. I hum to the warmth as it takes me over.
"Hey love."
"Hi..." I mumble out.
"You sleep all day?"
"Probably got down at noon. What time is it?"
"4."
"So not all day. And you're home on time."
"I'm rather tired though. Can we nap for a while, until dinner?"
"Oh my. The perfect words just made my day even better."
She laughs lightly. "So yes?"
"Mm.."
I'm falling back asleep. Faster with her warmth covering me.
"You're already gone."
"Nn.." I struggle to find ability to speak. "I love you.."
"I love you too, Ninfa. Forever and always."
"Nnn.." if only I could say it back but it's too late.
Her body heat, weight and everything sends me to sleep. I fall rapidly out of the world. Nothing but pure happiness to this moment of our family.

The smell of dinner and laughter of Dakota wakes me. I get up and walk in the kitchen. Dakota immediately repeating momma for my attention.
"Hey, babygirl."
"Hiiiiiiii." She yells rather loudly.
"Damn. She's got lungs." Misty sits by the highchair, which doesn't seem so high when she sits next to it.
"I'm glad she can't understand you. I really don't want her words to be curses."
"Neither do I. I want her as pure as her mother. Since I'm not exactly pure."
"You're the only good demon I know... besides Joel. And as I said before, Lucifer was an arch. Meaning you're technically an angel."
"Yeah, right. I kill for a living. You think she's going to want to tell her friends in the future that her mother is lord of hell? No. You think she will want to tell anyone that her mother is satan? No. What I have to do every day.." She pauses and tears line her eyes. "Would scare her away. She needs you more than she will ever need me. You're the pure one. The one with the light."
I wrap my arms around her. I connect our minds to speak to her privately.
"Trust me when I say she loves you more than you could imagine. I have no doubt that she loves you way more than I can, in ways I can't even describe. It doesn't matter what you do as a job. It won't matter. She will love you all the same."
An idea comes to mind. Because.. because there just isn't. An idea I would find fun.
"I want to do something. Can't without you though."
"Hm? And thank you for making me feel better. Though it will always pain my heart to think she might despise me when she grows older and understands what and who I am."
"I know, Val. I know, baby. No matter how this all goes, you'll have me and things will be alright. My idea... I want to build a school."
A deafening moment of silence and Dakota yawns. Food covering her mouth and hands. Not paying attention to your baby while they eat is a bad thing. Leads to messes.
"Babe..."
"Yeah, yeah." I get up and grab a rag.
Valerie wipes Dakota off from the food mess.
"Mommamomma." Dakota raises her arms for me.
"Guess she wants you for diaper duty."
"Poopypoopy.." Dakota begins chanting the word.
It takes everything in me to not laugh. Valerie tries not to but ends up doing a tiny squeal. Which she rarely does and it's adorable.
"I don't think she understands the meaning of that word. She's quite funny though." Misty says but does a low growl that seems to be her laughter.
I head upstairs with the daughter that's chanting poopy like she's at a sports game or something. I'm so close to dying just from not laughing. It's painful, I can't even smile because if I do, I'll start laughing and will die.
I change Dakota. She yawns and her chants end. I'm thanking all of everyone in the world because I know I'm going to die.
As I lay her in her crib she fusses to get comfortable but finds it quickly. I tuck her in, though she always pulls her arm out to suck her thumb. And she falls asleep.
I walk out and go on our room. Grateful that the room is sound proof. I scream and fall to the floor in laughter. Valerie just laughs at me for the scream but also for the poopy chant.
"Oh my fuck save me. My sides." I'm in tears to laughter.
Valerie picks me up and lays me on the bed. I am still in slight laughter. As I calm down she is in a grin.
"That was cute."
"Your squeal was adorable."
Her face turns so many shades of red. She turns her head into the pillows so I can't see.
"Val."
"Nooo."
"I love you."
Her head turns, she's still red. I've learned that she almost always has to look in my eyes to say she loves me too.
"I love you too, Nin. Also, totally unfair."
"I didn't do anything."
It's as if she's growing shy. I find it adorable how cute it is.
"You know my weakness."
"Which is?"
"You.."
I smile to it. Leaning and she closes the gap. Her lips so soft in the kiss, always so soft. As parted, both in smiles.
"You know my weakness too."
"Which is insane. Not sure why I'm your weakness."
"Because I love you."
"I love you too." Her hand is brought to my cheek and she lightly caresses.
"No idea how I would live without you."
"I could say the same."
"What was that idea you had?"