Chapter 54

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    She's been in a fog for a good week. Able to work but for short times. She's just tired from the poison.
    A hybrid of Water Hemlock, Deadly Nightshade and White Snakeroot. Rather great combination for poison. The fairies know their protection well.
"I sleep mommy."
"You want to sleep with us, babygirl?"
"Yes."
"Alright, babygirl. Mommy is tired though so you have to behave."
"I sleep."
"Did you go potty?" I feel silly asking.
"No." She shakes her head.
    I set her down on the ground, she runs off. I follow her into the bathroom and she tries to go on her training.
"I can't."
"Do you ever hear mommy or I say that?"
"No."
"And you're our babygirl. So I know you can do anything if you just put your mind to it."
     She smiles. To my surprise it worked and she actually goes. She plays with the toilet paper roll while she goes. I think she means to wipe but she doesn't know that far yet.
    I help her finish up. She starts running for the door and I stop her. She smacks into my legs like a ton of bricks. Every time.
"Hands?" She asks.
"Hands."
     She does a heavy sigh and I lift her up. She washes her hands as I hold her to the sinks height. At least she knows better to ask if she has to do something.
"We're going to tell mommy what you did on your own. She's going to be so proud of you, babygirl."
    Her purple eyes pop and she smiles widely. She looks so much like Valerie it's insane. I love both and our unborn with all of me.
    I carry her into our room. The moment she's on the bed, she climbs into the covers. Valerie wraps her arms around her.
"Hey babygirl. How was your day?"
"School." And that's all she has to say... school, my school isn't bad.
"She went to the bathroom on her own."
"Did she?" Valerie look to me. Her ruby eyes bright but filed with weariness. The poison is almost gone though and that's all I care about.
"I did mommy."
    Valerie kisses Dakota's cheek. Her hand reaches out for mine and I take as I lay. Our hands rest together on Dakota's belly.
"How was your day, love?" Valerie speaks. Her thumb runs over my hand to bring me comfort in any way she can. I know how she feels when she's downed, as if she doesn't do enough.
"It was alright. It's friday, so I'm happy for it. Yours, sleepyhead?"
"The fairies have agreed. Treaty made. Another long apology for my state." She says in a sleepy voice.
"Let's sleep this weekend away?"
"Yes." Dakota says in a yawn.
"My angel sings words of heaven to me."
    I laugh lightly. After a moment I sigh. "No, no. This is my heaven. You, our one on the way, Dakota.." I poke Dakota's belly and she instantly is in giggles. A noise I'm proud to have in my life.
"This is my heaven too, Ninfa. I assure you that."
"Sleeeep." Dakota says in a yawn.
"Don't need to as me twice." Valerie says in a mumble.
    Dakota rests her head on my shoulder and the pillow. Her body in a hug from Valerie. Our hands joined together and we're a family circle.
    I fall asleep as fast as they all do. It's a good sleep and I'm happy it's Friday because I know we all could use the sleep. But I'm sure once Valerie is better, we will all be in conversations on plans of how to move on.
    But for now... for now I fall asleep to my perfect family.

    I wake and notice time is stopped but Dakota is with our speed. She still sleeps but Valerie is awake. She's trying to sleep but I can tell by her breathing that she's awake.
"I hate myself for who I am."
     Her words surprise me. "Why?"
"They asked if an innocent 3 year old was harmful. Only asked because she's part demon. Only asked because she part me."
"I don't believe that's a reason to hate yourself."
"I shame her with my name. I have to have you tell the light that I fight for them to save my life. It's my fault."
"I would have done that with you if you were human or any other being. You do not shame her. If anything, you make us more happy."
"So.. I'm not evil?"
"No. You're not. Nothing you've done has been evil." I pause. "Maybe when you tease me." I add to make her laugh.
    She laughs and I feel joy take my heart over.
"If you believe I'm good and our little ones see that I am trying to be, that's all I need."
"Don't pay the fairies mind. At least they're not the leprechauns. They're evil little light bast.." I stop myself because Dakota stirs.
"Anyway. You are not your title. I do not want to hear you say such things again. And I beg you not to think so badly either."
"But.."
"Promise me, Valerie."
"I promise. I promise." Her hand squeezes mine lightly.
"How are you feeling today?"
"Still tired but the fog is leaving more and more. I didn't even feel the cut. Or notice I was bleeding. I'm thankful Dakota didn't either. She doesn't need to see such things."
"The poison was strong. Fairies can be naturally dark if they wish to be. I'm surprised it had so much effect with all the protection."
"Protection is why I'm not dead, only tired."
"And I'm thankful. I don't want to do this baby without you."
"I'll be here, forever. You're stuck with me forever."
"Stuck is such a... wrong word."
"It works I guess. My mind cannot think so vastly, love."
"Then I suppose you're stuck with me too."
"Best thing to be stuck with then."
"Stuck." Dakota mumbles as she stirs again.
"Hey sleeping beauty."
"Mommy.." Dakota lays her head by Valerie but lets me hold her body to mine.
"It's late, babygirl do you wish to sleep more?"
    Dakota only nods and curls close between us. I think between her and the baby, I'm tired as much. I wasn't even drugged. These kids put a sleeping spell on me.
    Valerie's hand lightly cups my cheek."My beautiful love."
     I turn my head and lightly kiss her palm. She lightly sighs to it.
"You're beautiful too, Val."
"Only you would say."
"My opinion is the one that matters."
"More than right. I'd never search for another opinion."
    I sigh. "I do not deserve you."
    She rolls her eyes with a wide smile. "I could say the same, Nin. But damn am I lucky to have you."
"I could say the same."
"I do feel the fog lifted. But is it bad to wish to sleep?"
"Nope. Got most of the weekend for it."
"Another reason I love you."
    She closes her eyes and is nearly asleep but I can't help myself.
"I love you so much. Don't ever doubt my love for you. Don't doubt Dakota's. Because look at her. Wrapped up in our arms, closer to you than to me. Our unborn is growing and it's heart beats stronger when you're near. It beats faster when you touch my belly to be close. Do not doubt the love our family has for you."
    I see a tear roll down her cheek from her closed eyes. I think she's already too far gone to speak or think, so she would be in purgatory. But I know she heard me and that's all that matters.
    Her hand lightly squeezes mine, my answer is given. She knows now. And I hope she follows through.
    I rest my heavy eyes and begin falling asleep. A welcoming sleep. A wonderful and odd dream.

    Just like every other night. Curled up on the couch, watching spongebob or some other cartoon Dakota likes. This week has gone by fast.
    Classes have switched again and I've gotten to my grade. The students are smart and learning quickly. Valerie is on the works with a flying preparation because the fairy teacher asked her assistance in the class.
    Our next step is the gnomes and dwarfs. Any magical being will be allowed at this school but if gathering gnomes and dwarfs, on top of elves and fairies, all will want to. All light creatures will come to learn and gather.
     Valerie has an idea to turn this place, the whole town into a place that the monsters run. The ones whom have taken the lessons. And even become new teachers if they wish. But Valerie thinks that if she can make this small circle of the world run by monsters and nothing goes wrong as they mingle with the humans, she..we.. could come out of hiding.
    She's nothinglessthan brilliant. And I love her so. My love, once again asleep as Dakota sleeps. She's been working so hard to get everything ready and working with the fairies.
     I lift both of them and slowly make my way up the stairs. Thank you ability of floating. Laying them on the bed, I climb in with them.
     I listen. Listen to our unborn's heartbeat. Dakota's. Valerie's. All beautiful sounds that could make anyone happy.
    A small ring and then thuds appear. A sound I knew from before. But the thuds much smaller than.. than..
    The realization takes hold and I can't help but smile. She always said she wanted a big family. I never expected this but if it's to happen, I'm glad for it.
     I fall asleep to all the beats. Valerie's. Her carried. Dakota's. And my carried. All gives me smiles to listen to.

     I wake to russles in the sheets. Small hands wipe my cheeks.
"Momma cry."
"I'm good, babygirl."
     Valerie's eyes fill with worry but yet... But yet I can't look at her the same. In my head a debate of whether I should tell her or not.
     Debating.