Chapter 46

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    I sigh heavily. I know her feeling because I feel it too. This feels wrong.
    I'm worried about the baby though because last time I was in heaven with Dakota in the whom, it hurt my stomach. Don't want to tell Valeroe that part.. So I need to do this quickly.
"I'll be back, Valerie. I love you, you know?"
"And I'm thankful everyday that you do."
     She kisses my cheek. "Come back to us."
     I blink to heaven before I just can't. A slight uneasy feeling happens within my stomach. I listen to the heartbeat and it sounds tiny and strong.
    I make my way to Marcus's chambers. My hope is he lets me in. But I have little doubt he won't. He seemed to have liked us, though we did leave the wedding early.
    I knock in his chamber door.
"Who bothers me?" He yells loudly.
"Ninfa."
    He opens the door quickly and smiles. "How wonderful to see you." He offers me in and I take the steps in.
     His place looks.. looks like a flat. Almost like Joel's.
"I assume you wouldn't be visiting if it wasn't important. Seeing your situation and all."
"Situation?"
"I know Valerie's got the package. The wedding, Joel went on and on about it. So my question is.. Will she be teaching him to potty?"
"Him? But I'm not that far along to know any type of sex."
"I get bored. I look into the future sometimes."
    Why can't see Lakyn is beyond me. Maybe he just isn't searching. Or maybe his heart isn't.
      The thought of having a boy only brings a smile to my lips. Hearing his heartbeat and it feels right. It feels perfect.
     I take a deep breath. Now to give this man his perfect ending. Hopefully.
"I have news from someone. I'm confused how come you haven't seen before. He needs your help."
"Who is he?"
"Lakyn."
      His face grows angry, sad and a bunch of other emotions. "This better not be a game. I'm not in the mood to have love mocked in my face by anyone. You would make it worse."
"He told me to tell you... Psithurism."
      He sheds a tear. "L..Lakyn.. where?"
      I offer my hand to him and he takes. I blink back to Joel's. I'm instantly taken in a hold by Valerie.
"I'm alright, Val."
"And the baby?"
"He's good too."
"He? But.." She looks at me.
"Marcus."
      Her arms squeeze me. I nuzzle in and try to not eavesdrop on Marcus and Lakyn's conversation. Until they drag Valerie into the equation.
"You will be taking some of my power with you during into the empty. When you find my body, Ninfa can summon both of you."
"I have to go in alone?"
     My stomach is uneasy. I don't like this. I don't like any of this.
"You're the one with most power. Valerie, your more powerful than God. You can do this."
"I'm not as powerful as God. That's insane."
"Is it?"
      The slight bicker between them falls silent. I know Valerie is powerful and I believe Markus. I know God's power but I also know Valerie's and hers is more.
"How would it be done?" Joel breaks the silence.
"Circle of power. I one side of her, Lakyn the other. Ninfa in front of her and Ninfa's connection needs to be as strong as possible between."
     Valerie is in slight shakes that no one sees but me. Her hand shakes in mine. I can hear her heartbeat race.
"If this doesn't work?"
"Possibility we die. The one holding hands with Valerie would be drained completely and she would be trapped or die, we would die."
    My heart breaks to Lakyn's words. I can't lose Valerie. Dakota can't. Our babyboy can't.
      The world seems to go fast as things are set out and ready for this. I don't know what's happening until it all is. Everyone prepares except for me...
     The time stops and she holds me tighter. "We'll be okay, right? You and I make it through everything, don't we?"
"I can't lose you. You have to come back."
"My home is in your arms, Ninfa. Forever and always. You can summon me back. You will."
"You have to come back."
"Do you still believe in me? I think I need it now more than ever, love."
"I do."
"Let's do this."
     Nothing helps my stomachs uneasiness. This all feels wrong. The empty is a place where nothing comes back from. Once you die, supernatural beings, they die and they go there. Not like Purgatory. Purgatory you can come back from but the empty, you cannot. Unless you're lucky and die of something that's not murder, then you're lucky and land I  purgatory but your body lands in the empty.
     I worry for many reasons. We went into having this baby together. We have Dakota together. I don't want to do it on my own. How would I explain that to Dakota? To him?
    I sit in front of Valerie and the power flows in the air. The room grows silent. An eerie silence.
     I watch Valerie lightly breathe and listen to her racing heart. Everything so tense. Even Joel and Luke are worried.
     Time. Too much of it passes. Too much. And all we can do is wait.
     The sun goes down. Dakota is still asleep, I'm thankful for. We all just wait. Wait for anything.
     Joel prepares a place for Valerie in case she is weak. He prepares our old room. Dakota has no problem getting comfy in the middle of it, Joel has said.
     The link between our minds is strong but fuzzy when I try to ask if she's doing alright. I'm worried. I'm terrified.
      Her sword appears on her back. I look from it to Joel quickly. Fear strikes my heart.
"She's okay, Ninfa. Calm yourself. You don't want to lose your baby to this stressful worry." He holds me from behind.
    The possibility of me actually losing our child is uncertain. Even if I heal fast or anything, really, it could still be possible. The risk is less worry but still worrisome nonetheless.
"How did you know? We just found out like yesterday."
"Valerie. You think she'd not tell me? You know she wants a big family, right? You guys will be having kids every 50."
      I laugh lightly. "I wouldn't mind a big family. Though one at a time."
"Got a name for this one or are you doing last minute again?"
"Dakota wasn't last minute. It was for Valerie but I had thoughts of the name for a while. And no. We sort of said Dakota could name."
"Scary."
     It falls silent. It seems like we've been here for far too long. More than 5 hours of silence from them and I'm terrified.
     The time just ticks by. The sun peaks over the horizon. Thankful again for the fact it's Sunday. Not Monday.
     Dakota comes stumbling in, rubbing her eyes. Joel quickly swoops behind her and holds her away from the circle.
"Momma.."
      The connection grows stronger in my mind. Valerie speaks to me.
"Think it may be time to come home."
      I focus on summoning her. Focus with all my might. Wanting and needing. But it's not working.
      A warm drop comes from my nose, I swipe it before Dakota sees... blood.
"Ninfa you can't. You'll lose the baby from the straining." Joel pleads.
     I continue my focus. My power weakening more and more. My body physically aches to the draining.
"Momma.." Dakota starts crying.
"I..I.. I'm okay." I weakly get out.
"NINFA STOP." Joel yells at me.
"I can't.." I feel tears, but not normal. My vision red but it's from blood.
     I keep trying. My mind hurts to the connection.
"Nin, stop. You're hurting yourself. You have to be strong for our children."
"I'm not doing this without you."
     I try harder. It all hurts. A physical pain that my body isn't healing as fast to.
"Momma.." Dakota hugs me tightly.
     A power radiates from her into me. A power unlike any other. Almost as powerful as Valerie's.
     The power fixes me slowly as I destroy myself. It helps at the same time. It's helping me.
    Dakota squeezes me tighter. Her tears feel hot as she soaks through my shirt. I wrap my arms around her and hold her to me.
     Sharp pains shoot through my head, heart and everything between. Valerie bleeds a black blood from her nose. Lakyn and Marcus do the same
"Momma.." she cries into my shoulder.
     I use the power she's giving and try hard to get Valerie back. She's all I care for at this point. Her, Dakota and our family. I just need us to be all one whole.
     Markus's eyes open and so does Lakyn's but not Valerie's. A body appears before me and I keep Dakota's eyes hidden. Lakyn does the body switch and the woman's body is taken away in ghost form with a touch from Markus.
     They stare at Valerie. Back and forth, eyes look to me and then to her. I keep my hold on Dakota as she holds onto me.
"I want mommy." She cries harder into my shoulder.
     The power she gives grows stronger within me and passes to Valerie. A light aura glows around her, around me, around Dakota. Everyone is in awe to it.
     Valerie eyes open. They turn different shades. Dull color of ruby to the bright and back and forth before landing to the light.
     Black blood drips from her nose for a moment before turning a red. Her body falls over and her eyes close. She's here but is passed out.
"S..She refused to take more power from me, Ninfa. Once she got in, she disconnected. She didn't use my power." Markus looks down to me. His eyes fill with tears. "I owe her everything."
"We owe her everything." Lakyn says.
"Mommy.." Dakota cries.
     I get up and Joel takes Valerie back into the room. "Why don't you rest with mom? I'll be in a minute." I quickly wipe any blood from my face so Dakota isn't to worry anymore.
"Okay.."
     I wipe her tears. I kiss her forehead and take away pains. A large pull adds to my energy loss.
     I follow Joel out. He makes me sit, which is a good idea. I feel as bad as I did the first time I healed Valerie.
"She refused our power, Ninfa."
"I wouldn't have expected any less. She didn't want you guys to die for her."
"Without her, I wouldn't be here right now." Lakyn hugs me lightly. "I'm indebted to my Queen."
"I'm indebted to Satan." Markus laughs out.
"She's the best leader hell will ever have. Her mother would be proud of her." Lakyn smiles.
"She is unforgettable." Markus says.
"Let's leave you to rest, my Queen." Lakyn bows to me.
"Thank you, Ninfa." Markus takes Lakyn's hand and they disappear.
    Joel lifts me and carries me to our old room. The moment I'm in bed, the weariness kicks in hardcore.
"Rest, Ninfa."
"Momma.." Dakota manages to hold me and Valerie at the same time.
"I'm alright, babygirl. Don't worry."
     A strong surge of power runs through my veins and I feel whole again. Healed. Dakota just.. She just healed me.
"Safe.." She nuzzles into my neck and the pillow.
"Safe." I repeat to her.
     Joel covers us all and heads out. I give into the weariness. To my family. My family is safe.